$5 bottle lookin like a million bucks!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bent_Twig

Reaction score
Just thought I would share a picture of one of my saxelhiners bitterquells bottles. A bottle you can dig or buy easily and displays like a gem.

Twig.

DC637683D98B49DCAABA78E712943B4C.jpg

Attachments

• DC637683D98B49DCAABA78E712943B4C.jpg
    DC637683D98B49DCAABA78E712943B4C.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 75

glass man

Reaction score
THOSE ARE GREAT ,CHEAP ,WINDOW BOTTLES. IT IS AMAZING ON HOW MANY I HAVE SEEN OVER THE YEARS AND ALL HAVE LOOKED THE SAME,SAME COLOR,SAME WHITTLE ETC. WONDER HAS ANYBODY EVER SEEN ONE IN A DIFFERENT COLOR OR NO WHITTLE?

LC

Reaction score
RE: $5 bottle looking like a million bucks!!!

I have seen quite a few of these over the years the same as most other collectors I suspect Jamie. They were all the same color , but some are a bit lighter than others. I always thought this would have been a super nice bottle had the embossing been on the side of the bottle and not the bottom of it . I love its crudeness .

baltbottles

Reaction score

Dug an emerald green one sunday. My digging partner took it home.

Chris

GuntherHess

Reaction score

Its a good example of how a backwards country can make bottles that look like they are 50 years older than thier American cousins[;)]

Never saw an emerald one , that would be something to write home about

welddigger

Reaction score
I had one that was yellow amber, dark at the base and getting lighter as you went to the neck. really cool for a common bottle. It was one of the pics I posted on here when i became a member. I can't find the pic in my files and I think I sold the bottle???? If I didin't it will show up at the next show I set up and Then I,ll post a pic.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well it is me again: I have missed out on being familiar with this bottle. But the pattern in the picture doesn't exactly like whittle or cold-mold ripple to me. Is it in the glass or on the outside, as a finished rough surfaced bottle? If it is in the glass it seems to trend in a vertical direction. Also I realized your referred to it a newer bottle and with a name I wasn't familiar with. You also said the embossed lettering is on the bottom. You have captured my interest. Please tell me more.
Thanks RED Matthews

glass man

Reaction score
WELL SIMON YOU ADDED TO THIS DISCUSSION AND WAS ON TOPIC BOUT AS MUCH USUALLY AM! CEPT' I DON'T THINK I HAVE HOPPED IN THE MIDDLE WITH A PLUG FOR SOMETHING ,AT LEAST THAT WAS AS OUT OF LEFT FIELD AS YOU DID! GO POLISH UP ON YOUR TITAN POKER PLAYING AS SOON AS THE MEDS. WEAR OFF.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac