Ebay Zapped Again?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

grdigger35

Reaction score
There is a seller on Ebay who seems to have an abnormal amount of, "Amethyst" bottles for auction and has been getting some hefty prices. I asked the seller if certain items were irradiated or zapped, with no reply. The id is jstar2. Has anyone seen this?

Bottleman

Reaction score
Yes, I have seen this mans auctions before. I defiantly would say that his bottles were zapped. I have seen a lot of other sellers that have a lot of purple bottles for sale and some will not tell you that in there description but when you ask them they will tell you they have been artificially turned purple. Over the last year I have seen so many fake purple bottles on eBay its unreal. Thank god I am not a purple bottle collector of I would having a fit right now! Check this auction out. Check his completed auctions and you will se tons more fake colored bottles.

~~Tom
10 Purple Hutch Soda Bottles

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Tom, I checked out his auction, frankly I think the bottles were ugly! And at least we have the satisfaction of seeing there were NO BIDS for those 'artificially irradiated' hutchinsons.[8D][:'(]

grdigger35

Reaction score
By not answering the question of whether or not they were zapped, he's teeling me he is intentionally trying to deceive.

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
remember though some people who do sell bottles they find or buy at flea/dirt markets dont know what the heck zapped etc etc means,but as Maine digger and grdigger said sumed up "ya never can trust people on that damn auction site",....
but a real purple bottle will have a med to dark color to it,the zapped will have differnt shades of purple which you can tell right off the bat that thier fakes,and the sun/irriadiated colored bottles are usually the very light shaded bottles"surface finds"....
but somtimes people just dont know and think that they can make afew bucks on a market they really dont know,but if they didnt respond then dont bid or waste your time!..

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I dont really mind when people purple thier bottles a reasonable amount (the light to medium shade you see natually occuring from solar UV exposure). Since they are using essentially the same process, just speeded up, there is really no difference between the UV exposed bottle and the 'naturally' purpled bottle.
What turns be off is when people leave the bottles in the box a long time turning then that very dark, enhanced looking shade. Just doesnt look right to me. Its a matter of taste in my opinion.
Now bottles irradiated with neutron emmissions ... that's a different story...no amber cokes for me dude.

wvbottlehead

Reaction score
I agree they are UGLY bottles, some people figure they can take plain common bottles and make them more appealing I guess........what I hate is when somebody takes a nice embossed bottle & RUINS it..............[:mad:]

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
educate me, I heard of zapped bottles before, I believe you nuke them in the micro wave a special way, but is it wrong to put your dug bottles in a window and let them turn purple, I've been doing this for years, I never sell anything but I do give them away, and saved alot of them, I sun bath them by the pool in the summer too, I know they like it[:D]

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
trying to post pic

Hf99947.jpg

Attachments

• Hf99947.jpg
    Hf99947.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 169

flasherr

Reaction score
The bottle In the corner that has a long neck and a bulb like bottom does it have anything embossed on it?
Brian

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi