lids but no jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, i have dug several old lids but no jars. the glass lids date, back left may 10 1870 masons improved. cen. back padt oct. 27 1863 a kline. left back padt may 10 70 masons improved. cen. left padt may 20th, 1862 j. adams. cen. middle whitall's patent june 18th 1861. cen right H. left frt. padt feb 12 56 to jan 19 69, this has about 8 diff. padt. dates. right frt. may 23, 1871 masons improved, it also has a design in center. if any one has any infromation as to weather these have a value, i would appreciate any information. thanks, rhona

Xv63751.jpg

Attachments

• Xv63751.jpg
    Xv63751.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 96

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Hi Rhona, Your improved inserts are probably no more that a buck or two apiece. There are several different jars that take a Kline stopper, that one should be about $6-$8 anyway. The Whittall's lid goes to the Millville jar, should be good for $3 or $4. So, while none of them will make you rich, you don't want to just throw them away. If you don't collect jars, you might get $15 - $20 out of a lot like this on ebay. Good luck! -Tammy

CJCrystalmines

Reaction score
Hi Rhona,
If I was you I would hang on to these lids. I am always finding old jars with no lids. The jars seem to be worth more if they're complete!
Carmen

bne74honda

Reaction score
Hi Rhona,

I agree with CJ...hang on to them. I have more lids than jars myself but you gotta know that the day after you get rid of something like that, you'll need it. Also, I hang on to interesting shards for crafts and such. These lids, with a nice piece of leather glued to one side would make interesting coasters. Just use a mild glue that can be removed without too much effort.

As always...just my 2 pennies.

Brian [:D]

portland med. man

Reaction score
i sold a a.c stone lid once and got 50 bucks for it the rarer lids people try to match and are willing to pay a little more for them..... keep saving them ....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado