"Texize" What the heck?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey All. I dug this one up today. I don't care if it's worth anything. I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of "Texize". It's a big bottle 10" tall and well over a ouart, although it's not marked. I thought it might be beer but that's alot of beer for one bottle! But, then again, it is "Tex-'s'-ize". I'll send two pics. I love the script! Thanks...

Zx71505.jpg

Attachments

• Zx71505.jpg
    Zx71505.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 85

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's starch or 'sizing' for clothing (TEXtiles).[8|] But then again, it might just be a bottle with 'Texas' spelled phonetically.[8D]

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey Norm. I think you're right! I found a 'Clorox' today in the same dump that had the same color and type of textured embossing. In fact I found some other things related to cleaning ie; amonia, etc. I will be posting some pics on "digging and finding" after this weekends dump diving is complete. Thanks, GARY

preditor

Reaction score
I found one just like it but it was broken, i also found a texize bottle that was clear with a larger mouth in the same dump. [8|]i am 99.9% positive texize was a cleaner like Pinesol i will post a pic of my clear one later.
Preditor

Rockfish

Reaction score
Hey Glopf 43,
I dug this bottle today. Yours looks better. Mine has a crack and has been in dirt since the 1950's, when it was used in that location. I did find out that it is in fact just like a pine-sol. McDonald and Associates...Do a search for them. Have you established the rarity or value?

Rockfish

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my Texize. Mine has the top to it, but is chipped at the base on one side.

Mk25612.jpg

Attachments

• Mk25612.jpg
    Mk25612.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 190

madman

Reaction score
hey guys those texise bottles are very cool, are they from the early 40tys?? they have a cool modern look very nice madman

Rockfish

Reaction score
Madman,
I think these ARE form the 40's as all of the other bottles I found around this one, were liquors and surprisingly...baby bottles, from the 40's and 50's.
I did a search, and found one hit referring to a lawsuit. It was in a McDaonald's and Ass. search, stating Bristol-Myers Co. VS. Texize Chemicals, Inc. 168 USPQ zd 1197.
I would love to know more about it. Thank You for the reply. Rockfish

madman

Reaction score
wow thats some cool info, bristol myers probably sued them and put them out of bussiness, ive never heard of texise although it might have been popular in your area, those bottles are cool and are a definate convo piece thanks mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi