Funny joke, story, etc post

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GeorgiaVol

Reaction score
I had to start one so I had a place to post some of these for everyone. Feel free to post your own.

Two Blind Pilots

Two blind pilots both are wearing dark glasses, one is using a guide dog, and the other is tapping his way along the aisle with a cane. Nervous laughter spreads through the cabin, but the men enter the cockpit, the door closes, and the engines start up. The passengers begin glancing nervously around, searching for some sign that this is just a little practical joke. None is forthcoming. The plane moves faster and faster down the runway and the people sitting in the window seats realize they're headed straight for the water at the edge of the airport. As it begins to look as though the plane will plough in to the water, panicked screams fill the cabin. At that moment, the plane lifts smoothly into the air. The passengers relax and laugh a little sheepishly, and soon all retreat into t heir magazines, secure in the knowledge that the pl ane is in good hands. In the cockpit, one of the blind pilots turns to the other and says,"ya know, Bob, one of these days, they're gonna scream too late and we're all gonna die."

GeorgiaVol

Reaction score
Czech Dissident

Through the center of Czechoslovakia there's a train speeding along. In one compartment of the train there are four people. A beautiful vivacious young woman, an old matronly woman, a Russian soldier, and aCzech dissident. Suddenly the train goes through a tunnel. It is completely dark. Then is heard a loud kiss and an equally powerful slap. When the train exits the tunnel, the Russian soldier is holding the side of his face, and the Czech dissident is grinning his face off. The old matronly woman thinks : "Now that's a fine young woman, theRussian soldier tries to steal a kiss in the tunnel and the lady slap shim one!" The young woman is thinking : "Now that's a strange Russian soldier,he'd rather kiss that old hag than me." The Russian soldier is thinking : "Now that's a smart Czech, he steal the kiss and I get slapped." And the Czech dissident is thinking : "Gee I'm smart! We go through the tunnel, I kiss the back of my hand and get away with slapping aRussian soldier."

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Here ya go...

9DA875C06EF840659E42344B081A08C2.jpg

Attachments

• 9DA875C06EF840659E42344B081A08C2.jpg
    9DA875C06EF840659E42344B081A08C2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 78

GeorgiaVol

Reaction score
Engineering history lesson

It's not very often that we ask why things are the way
they are but here's an answer for you, The US standard railroad gauge
(distance between the rails) is 4 feet, 8.5 inches. That is an
exceedingly odd number. Why was that gauge used? Because that's the way
they built them in England, and the US railroads were built by English
expatriates. Why did the English build them that way? Because the first
rail lines were built by the same people who built the pre-railroad
tramways, and that's the gauge they used. Why did "they" use that
gauge?

Because the people who built the tramways used the same jigs and tools
that they used for building wagons, which used that wheel spacing. So
why did the wagons have that particular odd spacing? Well, if they
tried to use any other spacing, the wagon wheels would break on some of
the old, long distance roads in England, because that was the spacing of
the wheel ruts. So who built those old rutted roads? The first long
distance roads in England were built by Imperial Rome for their legions.
The roads have been used ever since. And the ruts in the roads? The ruts
in the roads, which everyone had to match for fear of destroying their
wagon wheels, were first formed by Roman war chariots. Since the chariots
were made for Imperial Rome, they were all alike in the matter
of wheel spacing. The US standard railroad gauge of 4 feet-8.5 inches
derives from the original specification for an Imperial Roman war
chariot. Specifications and bureaucracies live forever. So the next time
you are handed a specification and wonder what horse's arse came up
with it, you may be exactly right, because the Imperial Roman war chariots
were made just wide enough to accommodate the back end of two war
horses. Thus we have the answer to the original question. Now for the
twist to the story. When we see a space shuttle sitting on it's
launching pad, there are two booster rockets attached to the side of the
main fuel tank. These are solid rocket boosters, or SRB's. The SRB's are
made by Thiokol at their factory in Utah. The engineers who designed the
SRB's might have preferred to make them a bit fatter, but the SRB's had
to be shipped by train from the factory to the launch site. The railroad
line from the factory had to run through a tunnel in the mountains. The
tunnel is slightly wider than the railroad track, and the railroad track
is about as wide as two horses' rumps. So, a major design feature of
what is arguably the world's most advanced transportation system has
determined over two thousand years ago by the width of a horse's arse!
Don't you just love engineering?

lego110

Reaction score
A company, feeling it was time for a shake-up, hires a new CEO. This new boss is determined to rid the company of all slackers.

On a tour of the facilities, the CEO notices a guy leaning on a wall. The room is full of workers and he wants to let them know he means business!

The CEO walks up to the guy and asks, "And how much money do you make a week?"

A little surprised, the young fellow looks at him and replies, "I make $300.00 a week. Why?"

The CEO then hands the guy $1,200 in cash and screams, "Here's four weeks pay, now GET OUT and don't come back!"

Feeling pretty good about his first firing, the CEO looks around the room and asks, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-off did here?"

With a sheepish grin, one of the other workers mutters, "Pizza delivery guy from Domino's."
18.gif

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
I went the other week to buy a dog from a feller. When I got there he had probably had 30 dogs. "Eat much?" I ask. He reaches in the back of his truck and grabs a sack of turnips and dumps them in the dogs pen. They attack the turnips like they were starving. "Man,I aint never seen nothing like that. My dogs would never eat a turnip." "Funny" he says "These dogs would'nt eat em either for the first two weeks."

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
A pinguin is driving through the desert. Has car trouble and has it towed to a shop. Waddles down to the grocer and get in the frozen food. Has fish sticks and ice cream, just a good ol' time. Remembering about the car he makes his way to the shop. When he shows up the mechanic says "Looks like ya blown a seal.". "Naw it's only ice cream." says the penguin.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

A pinguin is driving through the desert. Has car trouble and has it towed to a shop. Waddles down to the grocer and get in the frozen food. Has fish sticks and ice cream, just a good ol' time. Remembering about the car he makes his way to the shop. When he shows up the mechanic says "Looks like ya blown a seal.". "Naw it's only ice cream." says the penguin.
THAT IS SICK PAT! KINDA LIKE THE JOKE THAT GOES"HEY WHEN YOU WAS A KID DID YOU BLOW BUBBLES?" "WELL ,BUBBLES IS BACK AND IS LOOKING FOR YOU"![8D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado