2 pontiled bottles. What are they?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

craigc90

Reaction score
I picked up 2 pontiled bottles and 1 BIM The BIM says A.Trask's magnetic ointment. The first pontiled is a 10 sided bottle no embossing stands 4 and 1/2 inches tall. Second pontiled is a little shorter round smooth sides and folded over lip. Any ideas what they are and are they worth much without embossing. These are my 3rd and 4th pontiled bottles in my collection and dont know much about them.

Yw67476.jpg

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi craigc90 -

Check out Digger Odell's site on magnetic meds - it has some good background info on the Trask bottle. It definitely is a valuable bottle. I have a similar bottle, a Christie's Magnetic Fluid with a large open pontil also discussed in the article.

Here's the link: http://www.bottlebooks.com/magnetic.htm

- Sam

bottles141

Reaction score
hi, this is bottles141. The two pontiled bottles are medicines, the paneled one is worth about 10 dollars. The other pontiled bottle is called a pontiled puff and is worth about ten dollars also. The trasks magnetic ointment is a newer version from the 1880's. These came pontiled also. I have seen a bunch of these over the years and on todays market they usually bring ten to 15 dollars. If it were pontiled it would bring about 50 to 60 dollars. They are great early medicines but common. Thanks for sharing the medicines with us, i hope that i was helpfull to you .

craigc90

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for the very quick info and history. This board has a very vast wealth of experience.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac