Disney Milk Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

John Sudul

Reaction score
I just wanted to send out a word of warning to all milk bottle collectors. Apparently with the rising demand for the old milk bottles with Disney characters pryo , people have begun faking these. Some are even cleaver enough to use an old milk bottle that the pyro has came off and redo it themselves. So watch out.

GlassWorx

Reaction score
This is out of control in New England, the fake pyros I mean. Most unscupulous jerks usually round up the clear unembossed and un-pyro'd bottles for this and just silk screen new ones on them. Patriotic "Buy Bonds" types with military motifs have been showing a lot lately as well. Buyer beware my butt, people like this destroy the market and hurt ALL ethical sellers, they should be shot, in plain English. Rob Mooers, GlassWorx - Sanford, Maine

John Sudul

Reaction score
Hi Glassworx, Welcome to the site. Although I do not condone shooting anyone ....You are right it is a bigtime shame people are doing this and getting away with it!! Some new info I found out is they are faking the pyro, then aging it. Even going as far as to bury it in a dump, leave it for a few weeks to simulate age. They are also leaving them in the sun and weather for a fake age look. Sooo.. even if the pyro looks old, be extremely cautious.Find a milk bottle collector (preferably one who found them himself) ,take some pictures of the authentic ones, then you will have some idea if the pyro matches up to an authentic one.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
This is right up there with the plethora of old marbles in 'genuine, original plastic bags' that are being hawked on e-bay.[:mad:] It's always the same two statements from the sellers; "I don't know anything about marbles, I bought these at an estate sale", or "these marbles were give-a ways by Pepsi, Coke, Mobil Oil" etc.[:mad:] They print phony labels out of card stock, fill a 'weathered' plastic bag with Mexican or Chinese marbles, and sell them to the unsuspecting![:eek:] It's really getting out of hand!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora