Here's one for ya Norm

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
My latest conquest braving the CNY elements.. First the local weather guy showing me what to expect (that's a lot of lake affect over us!)..

Ig11743.jpg

Attachments

• Ig11743.jpg
    Ig11743.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 81

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
SH#T!! A SCREW CAP BROMO!! [:mad:] Thats it.. Anyone know where they keep that groundhog, cause if I get him he'll never see his shadow again...[:D]

Ec89760.jpg

Attachments

• Ec89760.jpg
    Ec89760.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 94

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Shoe, you must not be diggin' deep enough, got to get down to that old use layer, you know below that 4' of perma-frost...[8D]. I just realized from the weather man/map picture that I've been reading your location wrong in your profile. I kept seeing 'CENTRAL' NY, not Cental, so you're over in the snow belt area? Have you ever heard of Wellsville NY? I got a nice blob-top soda with a oval slug plate raised lettering 'Wellsville Bottling Co. Wellsville NY".

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Hey Norm notice orange/yellow tint to snow to right of bromo..? According to my collie that's the use layer for my front lawn.[:D] I am about three and a half hours from wellsville by Rochester and 2 hrs from wellsville by Ballston Spa according to mapquest, so I guess it depends on wich one. Ever find any info on that soda? And you had the profile right it is Central NY, just North of Syracuse and off the end of Lake Ontario (the end that likes to poop on us).[:D].

BOB

RJ_Digs_Deep

Reaction score
Bob,

We only got 8 " last night and maybee another 6 " today in (western NY) Buffalo. I wonder if I would break bottles with a pick ax ? ... I need to dig soon.

Norm,

I went to college at Alfred, 15 minuets east of Wellsville ... I am originally from Farmersville NY... 30 minuets north west of Wellsville. It seems that every little town in my area had a bottling Co...

RJ

kastoo

Reaction score
I'm originally from Tonawanda, N.Y.. I've been to Wellsville many times. We city folk loved to get a nice break in scenery in your neck of the woods (southern tier)!

RJ_Digs_Deep

Reaction score
I work in Amherst now ... but am out of place here in dreary erie county ... I need to move back to the so tier ... that (red)neck of the woods has always suited me better ...

Do you like it in GA? if you are ever back around Buffalo somtime and want to dig, look me up ... RJ

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado