Rumford chemical works?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lacolobiger

Reaction score
Heres one we dug last night. can anybody say something about it? seam doesnt go to lip and nice streach marks on neck. how old? any value? Reads Rumfords Chemical Works. Has a W to the left of Rumfords Chemical Works embosing. Has 2, 6"s or 9's on bottom. One is a raised, the other is flat. thanks for the help.

Zx70999.jpg

Attachments

• Zx70999.jpg
    Zx70999.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 148

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi lacolobiger !
Your Rumford chemical bottle is very common . They usually sell for 5.00 - 8.00 on ebay. Although not a great value $$$ wise. They are a great window bottle and look great on display. Brian

lacolobiger

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. This is good to know. I don't want to sell it anyway as it is a nice display bottle and I dug it with my own two hands :) thanks for the info. .................

kastoo

Reaction score
That's the second one I seen that someone has dug in two weeks. Wah! I want one..they are very pretty and have that Cathedral look to them! The only Rumford bottle I have is aqua and it's plain jane. Nice find!

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Kastoo !
I have a really crude dug Rumford stored away somewhere( No damage that I can recall , except some light staining that would tumble out ). If you would like to have it for cost of the postage. I will send it to you. Email me if you want it . Brian

lacolobiger

Reaction score
Thats cool that the plant was in Providence R.I. I was stationed in New Port in 1980 in the navy. Wish I was into bottles then!! Or better yet had me a metal dector then!! Thanks for the info. Garry...

lacolobiger

Reaction score
Does anybody know the age the plant was in operation? Is it still running? When did it close down?

bottles141

Reaction score
The rumford chemical works bottles also came in two different sizes i have had both. It looks like you might have the smaller size. The smaller size does go for between 5 and 10 dollars the larger size is worth about 5 to 10 dollars more. Thanks for sharing your bottle with us.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, neat rumford bottle. i have 2 bottles that are mark only rumford. is this the same co and the plain bottles you where talking about? the small bottle is 3 3/8" tall, 1 3/4" across base,seam stops about 1/8" above shoulder. the larger bottle is 4 1/2" tall, 2 1/2" cross base, seam goes over lip. do you know what they held, or a value? thanks for any information, rhona

Ki18727.jpg

Attachments

• Ki18727.jpg
    Ki18727.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Ki18727.jpg
    Ki18727.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 94

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads