London Mustard

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I just bought a rolled lip, hinge mold, open pontil scarred London mustard with no damage off E-bay for 9.99. (shipping was 4.99) I took a chance as there was no picture and they called it an old medicine bottle with London on it. It is a dug bottle with a small amount of sickness but I own a tumbler so that's no problem. I'm not a collector of this type of bottle but I always liked the looks of a London. I guess my question is, I did get a pretty good deal didn't I? I usually don't. Buy high, sell low, That's my Motto! [:D] Wish I had dug it instead of bought it! Happy Diggin, Kelley

Bz79301.jpg

Attachments

• Bz79301.jpg
    Bz79301.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 105

bottles141

Reaction score
Nice buy. These usually bring 30 to 50 dollars, I have picked up some bottles off ebay fairly cheap lately also. I guess now is the time to buy. bottles are going cheaper than usuall. Thanks for sharing your great find with us.

bearswede

Reaction score
I paid $28 for mine a couple of years ago, and it doesn't appear to be as nice as yours...

Truth to tell, I've yet to see one that wasn't cloudy and sort of flakey... I saw a picture of one in a book of antiques from the '70s where it was refered to as a snuff bottle... Since then tho, I've seen several references to it as a condiment/mustard...

Is the "London" a city or a surname? If a city, is it old or new world?

Roger

Reaction score
Interesting thread from last year on London Mustard https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m_4386/mpage_1/key_mustard/tm.htm

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Kelley you done good! I've always just jumped over those sales without pics[:-], but look what I've been missing[:eek:]. Roger thanks for posting that thread from last year, it brought back fond memories of the debates I OCCASSIONALY had with good ol' Harry.[;)]

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Thanks bottles141 and Ron for the price check. I was pretty sure I came out on the up side this time, but I wasn't certain.
Roger, thanks for that thread repost. I had forgotten about it until I started reading it again. It was worth my $10.00 just to own a bottle with that much opinion on it![:D]
Hey Norm, I usually pass over them myself. I really have no idea why I bid on that one! I guess the bottle gods were whispering to me or something. Tell ya though, if someone had bid $10.50, they would own it now instead of me[:D][:D] Happy Diggin, Kelley

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Roger thanks for that link..! I now know lots about the mustard variations and followed several other links off those threads (wow a lot of conversation about London mustards).
I am now also a Demijohn expert thanks to Harry's link as well...[:D]
Did anyone ever put the Nathan Burrows Mustard mystery to bed?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky