Paine's Celery Compound

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Delta Digger

Reaction score
Got this from a friend for helping paint his house..

3270262426_7328cbd241.jpg

GuntherHess

Reaction score
They are common but still a classic medicine. One of the first medicines I ever dug.
Never have found an aqua one. Maybe someday.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I hope that's not all you got for helping to paint the house! ..unless you were just holding the ladder..[;)]
I know they're not scarce, but I like them.. handsome bottles.. the first bottle I ever bought was a Paine's!

sweetrelease

Reaction score
you know i have had big pits open on my job ,with thousands of bottles and i have only dug two of these[8|] maybe not a south jersey thing or something? then again an old time local digger tells me i have "very" good luck!!![;)] nice bottle none the less ~matt

div2roty

Reaction score
Common bottle, but still a classic. Every collection should have one, along with a Hostetter's and Warner's Safe Cure.

At least thats what I tell myself since I have all three.

nhpharm

Reaction score
GuntherHess,

The aqua Paine's are Canadian as far as I can tell. I was talking to some fellows that dig up in St. John, New Brunswick, and they dig the aqua ones pretty often but had never dug the amber ones.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
That's interesting. I havent seen any actually dug so I have no data on them in the US. They are much less common than the amber ones here, maybe 1 out of 100 is aqua.
I still wouldnt mind finding one even if they are Canadian.

athometoo

Reaction score
HEY CYBERDIGGER ILL TRADE YA A PAINES MINTY BOTTLE IF YA COME HELP ME PAINT , WHEN I BOUGHT MY HOUSE 5 YRS AGO WIFE WANTED NEW PAINT AND CARPET THROUGHOUT , OH AND DID I SAY FLAT PAINT ON THE CEILING (I HAVE 3 KIDS) ANYWAY I WOUND UP BUYING A MITERSAW AND CROWN MOULDING AND A BRAD NAILER JUST BECAUSE I CANT CUT IN WORTH A DARN . BUT STILL IT LOOKS PRETTY WITH THE MOULDING . COST OF PAINTING A ROOM 550 DOLLARS PLUS THE PAINT . YEAH WONT DO THAT AGAIN .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi