IS IT A POISON?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle_girl

Reaction score
Hi all Bottle Girl again with another poison bottle... maybe. My bottle collection has gone from 30+ to 54 in less than a month (thanx to Ebay and birthday he he). I have a new bottle that was SAID to be a poison. I would agree based on my limited knowledge. Like some poison bottles, it's a dark brown and it's ribbed on three sides. The bottom says 14 on the left, 2 on the bottom, and 1 on the right, with a circle and a diamond together in the middle of these three numbers.
From now on I can give pics of all my bottles so here's a pic of this one. Anyone got words of wisdom? All comments appreciated. Thanx.

-BOTTLE GIRL

Bz77461.jpg

Attachments

• Bz77461.jpg
    Bz77461.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 159

Pontiled

Reaction score
It's definitely a merthiolate or iodine bottle, both of which would certainly qualify as poisons. Although it was made in the mid-1900's, there are poison collectors who should want to add it to their collections.

bottle_girl

Reaction score
Cool, thanx for the help. Thanx kawdog for the info that's awesome. i kinda sorta collect poisons, but that's not the only thing i collect. I just got this little brown bottle with two others in a "set of 3 poisons" off of ebay and you know you can't always trust those ebay things, but I'd been told that ribs usually meant poison, so that's cool. Thanx everybody.

Bottle Girl

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum