Aerial Photos

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digdug

Reaction score
I have used a website to find an aerial photo of the area I am digging. Also has Topo maps. Go to - terraserver.microsoft.com You do need a physical street address/number to find it, But I have found an address close by and used the directional arrows on the website to get to where I need to . Sometimes in the aerial photo you can see old roads, paths, buildings, building foundations, etc. that you can't see when on the ground standing at your dig site. It has helped some.

Mainepontil

Reaction score
digdug~Great web resource!!

I have also found that most larger towns and cities have GIS Aerial maps right on their municipal websites. You can pinpoint a parcel, locate the owner and get a date on the house. I'll overlay an older map from 1870 and BINGO.....found a good one. I've got a whole notebook full of houses to do.

Perfect for dump and privy permisions. You don't even have to leave your computer.

Joel

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey all, I have also discovered a great web site for aerial (B&W and Color), topo, satalite, etc. It's, http://www.mapmart.com, It's free to use and print from[:D] no address needed, just point & click to zoom in, out, etc. VERY easy to figure-out and use! I also love to use the county GIS system, this site is full of fantastic information as mentioned above...addresses, owner's, acreage, building locations, etc. etc...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum