Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Bottle Master

RE: VALLEJO BOTTLE SHOW THIEF IDENTIFIED

I am going to find out if confession is good for the soul. My crime haunts me to this day. One Saturday I went to the
    Goodwill Store to buy a wallet. I picked out a red one, kind of frayed around the edges, but it would do. Then I headed to the front of the store to pay and saw that the checkout line stretched to the back of the store. I thought of all the things I had to get done that day. I took a quick look about, popped it in my coat pocket, and beat a swift retreat out the door. I felt a moment of guilt as I drove off but rationalized it away by telling myself that they didn't pay for it either.

But Karma got me in the end.

One of my kids gangsta freinds shoplifted her a new hoodie at the mall. I saw it on the table in all it's 50.00 glory, tags still on it. Dana told me what happened. I resacked it and took it to the mall to return to it's rightful owner. Unbeknownst to me it still had security devices on it. I decided to cut through Younker's to get to Zoomie's. Their security alarm went off as soon as I passed through their door. I stood there in confusion holding the sack. A store
    clerk glanced at me suspiciously but then went back to her work. I guess they get a lot of false alarms. Quickly I crossed the store and headed out the front entrance into the mall theme park and the alarm went off again! Heart pounding, I bolted for Zoomie's. I glanced behind me to see if anyone was in pursuit, imagining that angry hoardes were after me. It seemed to me that everyone I passed was looking at me hatefully. I rushed into Zoomie's where their alarm failed to go off. I stood in the long line and began to calm down. I reasoned that there was no point in me spending my life in a line of overindulged teenagers so I took it over to the hoodie section, found a hanger, hung it up, and left. I was never so happy to leave the mall.

Mr. Paul Wisnyi

Drop the MR...A Hole

Suzanne - 10 Hail Mary's. and take a big bag of clothing to Goodwill - make sure to add a purse/pocketbook/something other than clothes.

I won't even tell you some of the stuff i did in my wasted youth. Suffice it to say that to balance things out, I'll be doing good deeds daily till the day I die...

I would love to hear about your wasted youth. I mean your pranks. You could just tell me one.

You know I don't want to name any names but I saw a $1000+ potlid just sitting on what'shisname's table at the Auburn show. God it was beautiful, I'd only ever seen pictures of one before and picked it up, looked it over, checked the asking price-tag and put it back down oh-so-carefully in its spot amongst the far less desirable bottles. To me that is the type of piece that should be in a locked case behind glass.[:-]

ORIGINAL: dcoffin5

I won't even tell you some of the stuff i did in my wasted youth. Suffice it to say that to balance things out, I'll be doing good deeds daily till the day I die...
    You 'N me both[&o]

Senior Member Bottle Finder

Bottle thieves --grrrr.

I'm glad this guy was caught. I hate to hear about theft as I think most people that enjoy this pasttime are good folks. There is another famed bottle show and auction house thief now visiting this site. He's trying to buddy up an impress us with his "knowledge" of antique bottles. BEWARE do not fall for this guy's tactics. He's been caught at the Tylersport, PA show year's back with the bottle in his jacket pocket and he's gotten arrested from an auction house for theft of a bottle.

RE: Bottle thieves --grrrr.

Who is this collector of ill-repute?

He's been crashing at my place lately, and teaching me his tricks.. can't wait to hit the shows!! Bruuuhaaahaaaa!!![;)]

Hi wedigforyou,
    I dont know any of these folks personally like alot of you know each other........... and I would like to know if who I am talking to is some type of thief or thug. I would certainly appreciate you letting me know of any dishonest collector.