Fruit Jars A Collectors Manual Reprinted too!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digdug

Reaction score
Fruit Jars: A Collectors Manual is also reprinted and now avilable. Publisher web site: http://www.blackburnpress.com/fruitjars.html Another GREAT book by Julian Harrison Toulouse. "In this book, Toulouse made an attempt to catalog all known fruit-jar manufacturer's marks. The work is impressive." Another book that collectors need!

ISBN: 1-930665-66-0 (Paperback; 542 pages)

jfcutter

Reaction score
Just a thought for those interested in Toulouse's Fruit Jars - which is a classic work with applicability beyond just fruit jars. It is a book that every collector should have...in addition to his ultra classic "Bottle Makers and Their Marks."

It is great that Blackburn Press is reprinting it. But as an alternative, be aware that original hardbound versions (there were several printings between 1969 & the early 1970's) are frequently available on eBay for less than the Blackburn reprint price ($62.95 + postage).

In fact (not trying to advertize here) I have an original hardbound one on my for sale list for $50 postpaid.

For those wanting a copy of this book a little patient searching on eBay could be well rewarded.

Bill

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Bill -
I'm very interested in the hardbound book you have for sale. I just can't locate your For Sale page. Please send me a PM or other so I can take a look, if possible...Thanks!

By the way, I now realize that I know you. [:)][:)][:)] We have bid against one another on eBay on several (many) occasions, on a good many bottle books (probably some glass too). I may have had a different screename back when I bought a lot of the books I now have and there are many books that I'd love to buy. I saved the high dollar books for last[:D].

a little patient searching on eBay could be well rewarded
Very, very true and being patient has paid off for me many times.

All the best to you Bill!

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just wanted to mention that while Toulouse's book is a great historical work, and of much interest to serious collectors, do NOT buy this book to use as your primary reference. There are errors that have been corrected in more recent works, and Redbook (while not perfect) is a much more accurate price guide. -Tammy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac