new collector

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ste.mac76

Reaction score
i don't know if i have come to the right place or not. i've been collecting bottles for about 10 years,i am a groundworker and have dug many a big hole [not trying to brag or anything].but i;ve amounted quite a stash, don't really no alot about pricing and dating need some helppp can anyone help!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Hi,
What part of the country do you live in?
Can you post any photos or give some good descriptions of the bottles?

ste.mac76

Reaction score
i come from the north east but the bottles come from all over the place. alot of different colours, and heavily embossed .my camera battries have just died so need to get some new ones

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I was mostly asking where you are from to see if there are bottles clubs or collectors near you who could help you determine what you have.

ste.mac76

Reaction score
hello sorry about been abit vague , but just started using this site and got abit excited about gettin a reply.thanks alot ,the ne of england and some i,ve tried to look up on e bay and can't find a match, others seem to go from £80 to£100 and others £20to£40 some embossing reads h. chapman&sons chemists scarborough . not to be taken .poison not to be taken .american cloth cleaner.lightining curer for coughs . thats just a few they are from france london edingbrugh newyork.and some are just really dark looking but u can see through if u hold up to the light one looks like a old church bottle, with a little cross to start and,BENEDICTINE and another little cross, around the middle.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I dont know much about British bottles but there are several forum members from that part of the world and who might be able to help you.

ste.mac76

Reaction score
thank you i certinaly need some help. i live in middlesbrough area

ste.mac76

Reaction score
can u put me in touch with anyone,or tell me the right site to visit, i hope u can,thanks for replying in the first place cheers

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I would recommend making a new thread in this section and title it something like "New collector looking for help from other British/european collectors". Be patient , not everyone reads the forum every day.
Work on trying to get photos of your items. That is one of the best ways to get responses in the forum.

ste.mac76

Reaction score
RE: new collector looking for help from other british/european collectors

can anyone help cause i just carn't find a site to look up info about my bottles . i,ve tried but just carn't seem a site as good as this were u can acctually get a response from people. i will b posting some photos later once i work out how to. brand new to this i'm still in the wrapper i think lol.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi