E.ANTHONY NEW YORK Square pre 1900?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rich

Reaction score
Anyone know of the possible contents of this bottle? All I could find was an E. Anthony from NYC with photographic background. Bottle is 6 1/4" high and 2 5/16" wide. 2 part press with blown neck? ( faint twist marks on neck indicate) seams stop at top of shoulder.

B969A71CD0B54696A7FFF1789EEF0387.jpg

Attachments

• B969A71CD0B54696A7FFF1789EEF0387.jpg
    B969A71CD0B54696A7FFF1789EEF0387.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 86

CWBookAuthor

Reaction score
E. Anthony was the producer of photographic chemicals. Your bottle dates from approximately 1890 to 1900. To a photography nut, the bottle is in fair demand, but they want ones that don't appear hazy. Hope this helps a bit.

Mike

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
This bottle reminds me of a story from "the old days", from the famous York Pa. fairgrounds bottle show, which was kind of like the "Woodstock" of bottle shows, back in the early 90s, an indoor outdoor show, with weather that went from roasting heat, to torrential afternoon thunder and lightning storms, which created mudholes everywhere. By the second day of the show, you would see bottle dealers who had been in the same clothes for 48 hrs, trudging around from booth to booth ( or should I say sheep corral to sheep corral), in there flip flops in 4" of mud, bleary eyed, but still buyin and sellin.

Anyways, one guy had this gorgeous E. Anthony's bottle. It was sapphire blue, with a sharp open pontil, whittled out the wazoo. I lusted after it for the full first day, and into the second. I finally sold enough stuff to where i could justify satisfying my lust, and paid the guy $750 for the bottle!

This was late into the second day, and people had started packing up. I had my bottle on the table, with a sticker that said "not for sale". This doctor guy came up to my table and asked about it, and loved it and wanted to buy it, I said no. Then he offered me $1250 for it.
I had only owned the bottle for an hour! But for that price, I caved. I made $500 that hour. Still sometimes i wished I had that bottle today. Maybe I'll dig one!

beendiggin

Reaction score
That's a really good Anthony bottle story, Bram. I didn't know they came in blue. Maybe I'll see one someday at Somersworth.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac