I don't get it

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

appliedlips

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mint-BAKERS-PAIN-PANACEA-open-pontil_W0QQitemZ290315199221QQihZ019QQcategoryZ895QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have dug,bought and sold a good number of these pontilled meds and never understood how they go from $45 to $150 or so for the bottle on ebay. I had one on my table at Mansfield for $50 and it didn't get picked up more than a couple times.I observed another half dozen on tables for less than $75.Even though I have a few dug examples in different variants I bought a clean one with a green streak on the bay for $50 just a couple months back..

glass man

Reaction score
I KNOW HERE IN THE SOUTH WHERE I LIVE WE DON'T SEE A LOT OF PONTILED BOTTLES [ NORTHWEST GA]AND THEY LOOK COOL AND IF I HAD THE MONEY I WOULD GIVE 50 BUCKS FOR ONE THAT MINT LOOKING.

appliedlips

Reaction score
I understand why they are desirable,which is why I like them.. They just seem to fluctuate more on price than most..If you got any other pontilled meds Jamie, I would be interested in possible trades.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The pontil marked 5" version average about $75 on fleabay.
The one in question is nicer than average but doesnt justify the selling price in my opinon.
The seller is a known good dealer and keeps a good viewer base which helps get more bids.
They would be considered somewhat common for a pontil med.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: appliedlips

I understand why they are desirable,which is why I like them.. They just seem to fluctuate more on price than most..If you got any other pontilled meds Jamie, I would be interested in possible trades.
THANKS,BUT I ONLY HAVE SOME COMMON ONES THAT I COULD AFFORD LIKE THE LONDON BOTTLE,SANDS SARSAPRILLA,BROWNS JAMACA GINGER AND SO FORTH. THE ONLY ONE I HAVE THAT IS NOT COMMON AND IS MINT IS A DR. EDWARDS TAR,WILD CHERRY ETC. I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE BOUGHT THIS ONE CHEAP EVEN GAVE THE GUY $3 MORE THEN HE ASKED THOUGH AT THE TIME I DID NOT KNOW OF IT'S WORTH,BUT HAD A GUT FEELING IT WAS A GOOD ONE. JAMIE

appliedlips

Reaction score
That's cool Jamie. When you get a chance I hope to see that Dr. Edward's, your right it's a good one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky