Thank goodness there's pictures!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ajohn

Reaction score
Just happened onto this book at an antique shop a couple months ago.$5.00 BUCKS!
Thought I scored untill I tried to read it.I figured "I've been asking questions long enough,I need to educate myself on the nuts and bolts"Has anyone tried to read this material???
MAN!,do I feel like a cement finisher!Thank goodness there's pictures!
But look out,I'm pissed off enough to read this entire book....AND understand it!
SO THERE!

740661AA367F47B4A3CCBA0A59CC47EE.jpg

Attachments

• 740661AA367F47B4A3CCBA0A59CC47EE.jpg
    740661AA367F47B4A3CCBA0A59CC47EE.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 118

glass man

Reaction score
WELL THE BEST TO YOU ANTHONY! I HAVE HAD ONE OF THOSE FOR YEARS ,READ IT OR PARTS OF IT THEN FORGET WHAT I READ,READ IT AGAIN FORGET IT! YEP GREAT PICTURES [WISH THEY WERE IN COLOR,IT REMINDS ME OF WATCHING T.V. LONG AGO IN BLACK AND WHITE ] GREAT SOURCE FOR EARLY GLASS AND FLASKS! GOT A GREAT DEAL ON IT. I GAVE 25 CENTS FOR MINE WHEN THE LIBRAY WAS GETTING RID OF SOME OF ITS BOOKS. A LITTLE RAGGEDY,BUT GOOD ENOUGH!WELL NOW IF I NEED TO KNOW SOMEN LIKE WHATS IN THE BOOK I JUST ASK SOMEBODY HERE ON THE FORUM,THEY KNOW BEYOND THAT BOOK A LOT OF TIMES! WELL GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND KEEP ON READING OR LOOKING AT THE PICTURES,LIKE I DO ! JAMIE

ajohn

Reaction score
Actually, I'm just pissed off cause I have to use a dictionary so much.I'm on chapter four and could really get in trouble with what I've read.Really goes into the economics of our early country.Good ammo for an economic argument.Same kind of stuff happening today that happened in 1790,our first depression.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi ajohn, I have that book and it has a lot of stuff in in. Hang in there you can study it for a year and not retain much of it, but it is all helpful when you get into old bottles. Best regards and I'll be back in touch. RED Matthews

glass man

Reaction score
AJOHN: KEEP THIS TWEEN US ,BUT ASK RED,STEVE AND ...OTHERS ON HERE IF YOU NEED TO KNOW SOMEN OUT OF IT BOUT GLASS. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN IT GETS MY FRUSTRATION LEVEL UP TOO [AND I HAVE READ BOOKS IN THE BIBLE LIKE NUMBERS AND DEUTERONOMY,WHEW!] BUT THEN I GO LOOK AT MY BOTTLES AND REALIZE I AIN'T GOTTA KNOW EVERY THING ABOUT THEIR HISTORY TO SEE THERE BEAUTY! I LOVE EM TOO, CAUSE GREAT UNDERPAID,VERY SKILLED WORKING STIFFS,MADE THESE WORKS OF ART THAT WERE ONLY MEANT FOR THE TRASH PITS! I SALUTE THOSE PEOPLE AND WISH THEY COULD KNOW WHAT THEY MADE IS WORTH SO MUCH TODAY,BUT THEN THE GREAT ARTIST VAN GOGH ONLY SOLD ONE PAINTING IN HIS LIFE AND THAT WAS TO HIS BROTHER! SOMETIMES PEOPLE IN THE HERE AND NOW AIN'T GOTTA NUFF SENCE TO KNOW BEAUTY IF IT BIT HIM/HER ON THE ASS! [&:] JAMIE

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu