Here's the Rarest Poison I have dug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beendiggin

Reaction score
Sounds like you are looking at the smaller size. that's what I remember them looking like.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
You are correct. I didn't see your bottle as it is, so I went to the one I mentioned and here is what I found.
It's a KC-21 and at the time of the making of the book, it was considered Rare. Comes in Blue-green (as we can see) 2 sizes: 6 3/4 and 10 1/4. BIMAL, Embossed RATIN on the shoulder. There is also a variant with RATIN down the side. (as you have here)
So, being a rare and such a pretty bottle, 3 figures. Exactly how much, only you can answer that. If you knew how much one sold for on ebay or any other auction, that would be a great start. But ask yourself how much you would spend on it...that's what it's worth to you.
It's a definite keeper, IMO.

There is a history of the shoulder embossed on on worthpoint, but ya have to be a member to view price.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/rare-antique-ratin-bottle-deep-green-glass

beendiggin

Reaction score
That's the most info I've ever got...so thank you! I was hoping it was listed somewhere. Anyway, I will keep it. I'm sure I'll never dig another. It is in mint shape. It had rolled a little down a steep slope, and was covered over with a blanket of bright green moss. I was tracing the remnants of a dump up the slope and I didn't find much. On the way back down, I kept randomly pushing a small 16" probe into the bank, when I tapped it. I peeled back the moss, and there it was! I've had it for over 20 years now.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky