Blue pony soda Boston & New Haven CT.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mike O

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can tell me about this new bottle that I just aquired. It has a vary small lip and sharpley pitched sholders. One side says F & B Boston I assume Fairbanks and beard. The other side says A.B.C. Co.New Haven Ct. Pat. Jan.5th 1864 the base is non pontiled. I cannot find any information on it. I really like it it is really cool but is in dug condition with some scrapes and small nicks. I am really looking foward to hearing what you guys think. Thanks
Blue001.jpg

Blue002.jpg

citydigger

Reaction score
It is listed as rare in that cobalt blue odd size and shape. Most likely worth between $125-$200 in todays market. They are more commonly seen in a squat variant in teal & emerald green as you already know. You own a tumbler, you should give it a spin and shine it up. Nice pick-up Mikey. Hope all is well.

Citydigger

Mike O

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your comments so far, I guess 1 thing I am wondering is this a CT bottle made in Boston OR a Boston botthe made in Ct.?

citydigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Mike O

Thanks guys for your comments so far, I guess 1 thing I am wondering is this a CT bottle made in Boston OR a Boston botthe made in Ct.?

Usually when you see two towns or cities on the bottle it means that the guy advertising (selling) may have had two places of distribution. It also could mean the bottle/product could have been patented/produced in one place and distributed in another. I personally think it is a keeper either way. I know I have not seen that many of those. The last one I saw was at a bottle show and the guy wanted decent money for it.

Antique bottles are not going for close to what they were going for before the recession hit. If your planning on selling any of your good stuff, I would hold off until you either find a motivated buyer or the economy picks back up. It ain't pretty out there at all unless you are buying for your collection...in that case all kinds of good deals are out there.[;)]

bottle man

Reaction score
Hi Mike, If youre ever ready to sell that nice bottle I would give you 300.00 dollars for it as I collect bottles from connecticut. Please let me know. Best regards, Kevin

Mike O

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin for the nice offer, But I collect Mass bottles so that is why I picked it up. Do you think it was a CT or a MA bottle.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Mike, I'd imagine this bottle was filled by Fairbanks & Beard in Boston.. I would think the the Conn. embossing pertains to the maker and a patent on that funky lip.. I have a listing for an internal thread Fairbanks & Beard, what kind of closure to you think that one employed? Cool bottle.
[align=right] [/align]

DIG

Reaction score
ABC Closure, circ: 1864-1868, Occurs on 9 bottles,
Invented by: Josiah Beard and Moses Fairbanks,

American Patent: December 6, 1864, Number 45,373,
An early stopper that consisted of a hollow soft rubber ball that was pulled into the neck of the bottle. The patent was assigned to the Automatic Bottle Closing Company of New Haven, Connecticut and all know bottles bear the "A. B. C. Co." embossing. These bottles are distinctive in shape and are also marked with the patent date. A number of different bottles experimented with this closure, but none adopted it.

from this website http://www.sodasandbeers.com/SABBottleClosuresBeer.htm

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi