3PM Numbers, letters and nipple

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey all,
This is a bottle recovered from my brother's family barn, before it was leveled. It's a three piece mold (3PM) and aqua. The only way to identify it is from the glass maker at the bottom. The problem is, that this one isn't listed in any of my sources and books. Can anyone ID this company? It was found in New Philadelphia, Ohio. It is embossed: A. U. & Co. w/ a nipple above an A.

Hf98997.jpg

Attachments

• Hf98997.jpg
    Hf98997.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 86

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
3PM... another view

Here's another look. This bottle looked like a light amber whiskey from across the room, as my brother said that he had a bottle for me. It was full of a turpentine type thickness, and very gummy and hard to clean. I had to rub the ladies leg type neck to see the color of the glass. [&:]

Mk26857.jpg

Attachments

• Mk26857.jpg
    Mk26857.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 91

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Hi hope this may help, I wonder if the A.U. & CO is the maker of the contents of the bottle as I can not find anything on that as bottle maker. Also the nipple above the A could that just me a part of the the center of the mold. As I do find two bottle makers with just the A and don't have area they made bottle but here they are,
Adams & Co 1861 to 1891 and Agnew & CO 1854 to 1866.
Hope that may help
David

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I don't find anything for "A.U. & Co." either.

This bottle looks somehow British. That lip looks like a scotch whiskey lip from 1890-1910. On American-made spirits bottles by that time, the neck "ring" had morphed into a simple rib, or had disappeared completely.

Perhaps some of the British collectors will have some information for you.

---Harry Pristis

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown