Wilkie's western soda's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wilkie

Reaction score
Here is "part" of my western soda collection. The saphire blue Bay City Soda Water bottle was purchased this weekend. [:)]

http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/ww63/wilkie94585/California%20Sodas/?albumview=slideshow

I give up trying to get the list to show up in my post. I figured it out with my jakes a while back but I think something changed on photobucket. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate. For now Just click on the link above to view the slideshow.
[/align]

Jim

Reaction score
Really nice, Tim. I like the way that slide show works. You have some great-looking sodas. My home county has a grand total of two squats and about eight varieties of hutches, many of which are very similar. You have a great variety in your area. ~Jim

Wilkie

Reaction score
Thanks Jim. Being from PA you'd thinkn you would have many more to chose from than that. Must not be a real big city your in eh? I appreciate your comments.

Tim

capsoda

Reaction score
Great looking bottles Tim. Wish we dug that kind of stuff down here. No ponys or mineral waters mostly hutches, SS, and one bottler used gravitating stoppers and Codds buy the colors aren't as interesting.

glass man

Reaction score
VERY NICE! SAVANNA GA. , S.C. ,IN THE SOUTH HAVE SOME VERY NICE SODAS. WISH I COULD AFFORD THEM! JAMIE

Jim

Reaction score
Some areas in PA are loaded with squat sodas. Sadly, Lewistown is not one of them. I have done a lot of digging, and to date, I have only dug one broken Soult & Zerbe. I also bought the only known example of the 1880s F.H. Wentz squat from a friend (I was with him when he dug it). Those are the only two squats known to exist from Lewistown. I know of about eight Soult & Zerbe examples, and have been trying like hell to buy one. No good yet, but I will have one, whether I dig it or buy it.

I guess our early residents were just stingy with their returnable bottles. I have only dug about six Lewistown Bottling Works tall blob beers, and those are not all that hard to find. ~Jim

Wilkie

Reaction score
The town I live in has zero blobs or hutches and only one early crown. I have one example of that. The next town over, Vacaville, I believe only has one hutch, I have an example of that too. Luckily S.F. and Sacramento have plenty to find.

I love both of those two cities for their gold rush history. Sacramento is where Sutters Fort was located, Mr. Sutter is the one who discovered gold here, and San Francisco was the booming city and port where all the 49ers arrived aside from those that came accross the land.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac