Any good bottle shops in Pennsylvania?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jays emporium

Reaction score
I will be driving from Texas to Philadelphia July 16-17 and plan to attend the bottle show in Adamstown, Pa. Are there any good antique malls or antique shops in the Harrisburg, Pa area or anywhere around there? Other than bottles I'm also looking for beer & soda advertising, sports collectibles, Morgantown glassware.
I am going to pick up my daughter from a summer college camp at Bryn Mawr College.

jays emporium

Reaction score
That is quite a drive but from Texas to about Chattanooga will be at night. Then the rest of the plan is pretty exciting. My wife and I are driving to Philadelphia with a loaded truck because our Sports Collectors National Convention is in Cleveland this year.
We drive to Pa. and I have a room booked near Adamstown so we can go to the bottle show Fri evening. Then go pick up our daughter Sat morning and back to Adamstown for the flea markets Sat afternoon and Sun morning. Then they take me to Philadelphia to fly back to Houston Sunday night so I can go to work [:'(] the following week while they drive to Zanesville, Ohio to visit relatives. I fly into Columbus, Ohio the following Sat to meet up with them and daughter flys from Columbus to Las Vegas, Nv to compete in the ASA 18-under Softball National Championship Tournament. On Monday, wife and I drive to Cleveland and set up Tuesday for the sports collectors national show. On Wed, wife flys to Las Vegas to watch softball bracket games while I sell cards at the sports show. Then when the softball team gets eliminated in the tournament, wife and daughter fly back to Cleveland and the show ends Sunday. Then we all drive to Indiana to visit other relatives and early Thursday morning start back to Texas by way of the "World's Longest Yard Sale" through Kentucky, Tennessee and Alabama on US 127 and get back home on Sunday Aug 5.
Now, how's that for a plan? I only wish I could go to the softball tournament too but we sold about $18,000. at the sports show last year so I can't miss that or we wouldn't be able to pay for the rest of this trip.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Being in the travel business, that itinerary just made me sick to my stomach! I'm glad I didn't have to "find you the best rate" for those itineraries!

The Adamstown area has A LOT of antique malls (not in my budget, but really nice stuff - it's like visiting a museum to me.) My cat/pumpkin was on sale at one place (mint - mine is not) for $80.

Kate

2CA07225E060440CADE860D9286180D3.jpg

Attachments

• 2CA07225E060440CADE860D9286180D3.jpg
    2CA07225E060440CADE860D9286180D3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 99

appliedlips

Reaction score
There is always a good selection of bottles in the downtown malls in Zanesville,Oh. if you have time.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
I actually kind of like museums with pricetags. But I don't buy there (can't[8|])... I'm a flea market girl.

jays emporium

Reaction score
I do plan to check the Zanesville shops. Last time I bought some nice bottles there that were priced pretty reasonably, a green squat soda from Pa. for $18. and a blob top with embossed boxer for $12. that I took to the sports show and sold for $75. and some other stuff.
I did some more internet searching on Adamstown and it looks like there are 4 different flea markets on weekends with 300 dealers plus about 15 permenant shops.

bottlingco

Reaction score
Yes, pyshodoodle, I know what you mean about being a flea market girl. I am a flea market person myself. Forget the locked glass cases. However, I remember the exception to this rule. I went into an antique mall and immediately froze. There were chandeliers, crystal, golden vases, etc. everywhere. I did an immediate 180 to head out the door and found a really rare bottle for my collection for $6. It was sitting on top of a $6000 dollar piano. I took it up to the front to pay for it and the lady looked at me as if I had been digging in her trash can! I left happy, though!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora