"signed" ink???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wilkie

Reaction score
This is the second time I've seen this one on eBay so it apparently didn't sell the first time around. He seems to think it's worth more because of this letter on the bottom? Isn't this like a 2 dollar bottle? He's starting it off at 40.

I'm interested in comments about the so-called "signature".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370222420579&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

glass man

Reaction score
CAN'T BELIEVE THE PERSON WON'T TAKE PAY PAL! ONE IN THE PERSONS FAVOR! GOLD RUSH DAYS OR OLDER? RIGHT! ECT AND SO ON! I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE PUT STATEMENTS LIKE THAT! "DANIEL BOONE MAY HAVE USED IT" DOC HOLLIDAY MAY HAVE HAD THIS" MAY HAVE CAME OVER WITH THE PILGRAMS ON THE MAYFLOWER'![:mad:][:mad:][:mad:] IT IS POSSIBLE ALL FOUR BEATLES COULDA DRANK FROM THIS! [:mad:]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I guess it matters which gold rush he is talking about...think it missed the California one by quite a bit[;)] The Alaska gold rush is possible.
You cant currently sell on fleabay and NOT take paypal although I'll salute him for trying.
If I was a jerk i would buy it then pay with paypal.
The Cal. sales tax part appears to be a rip off,he shouldnt be charging it unless the buyer is in Cal.
Too many red flags for me, i'm runnin for the hills.

The 'D' looks like mold ID mark.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
It's actually famous because it's an ink bottle that Annie Oakley shot at and missed. Only time that ever happened.

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

You cant currently sell on fleabay and NOT take paypal although I'll salute him for trying.
If I was a jerk i would buy it then pay with paypal.
The Cal. sales tax part appears to be a rip off,he shouldnt be charging it unless the buyer is in Cal.
Too many red flags for me, i'm runnin for the hills.

The 'D' looks like mold ID mark.
You know, I actually thought that too but I was just reading eBay policies and it is not a requirement. It is a requirement that "if you do accept paypal, you can NOT descriminate against credit card payments as some people used to do because of the fees.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
You are correct they dont have to take paypal , its just with the options you must chose from paypal appears to be the only feasible one for small sellers...
http://pages.ebay.com/HELP/POLICIES/ACCEPTED-PAYMENTS-POLICY.HTML

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
PayPal is a major RIP OFF!! I can't stand that "service", so no more fleaBay sales for me.[:mad:]

capsoda

Reaction score
"D" is the signature??? Looks like a standard 1870s thru 1880s cone ink. I quit selling on ebay in 1999 when they went up on their fees the first time. I missed all the joy of PayPal. I believe PayPal was invented by Barney Franks. [sm=lol.gif]

Jim

Reaction score
Some freaks will try anything to sell something for 20 times its actual value.

Ebay lost me long ago with the forced PayPal crap. No selling of any kind, and when I buy, it is usually local items from local sellers, paid with cash.

Cappy, you crack me up. I could just hear ol' Barney.. "Now you heah me...No checkssth.. And no money owdahssth! PayPal is fow the common good, and youah gonna like it!" [:D]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi, Single letters like this on an old bottle don't mean much to me. They aren't something we can relate to. I have some bottles with a single S on the bottom because I have reason to believe it represents the Samuelson Glass operations near Pittsburg. I also have picked up some meds with a single M on the front or back panel heal of the bottle. Here again it is something I do and it deoesn't mean much. I sure wouldn't pay more than $ 10 for this ink with the plane D on the bottom.
RED M.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94