access denied

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deesart

Reaction score
I keep getting an access denied when I try to go to the http://www.blm.gov/historic_bottles/index.htm site?

digdug

Reaction score
I was denied access too. It was working earlier today. I know they are still building the website. Maybe taken down for additions. It is a great site though. Just try later on.

jfcutter

Reaction score
Hi there....sorry about the access problems but I believe that the BLM is doing server maintenance or some other thing that keeps people from accessing the site. I can't access it either from home here as of a couple hours ago.

"They" don't tell me necessarily when they are doing such stuff to the computers...I'm too low in the pecking order. Or if they tell us it is so mired in techno-jargon I can't figure out what the hell their talking about. Of recent the BLM has been really screwing around with all the computer systems and the servers are part of that messing periodically.

If it is not working by Monday, I'll look into it officially and post a message about what's up. Thanks!

Bill

deesart

Reaction score
Wow! quick response, thanks Bill, I will check later and if nothing, then Monday!

jfcutter

Reaction score
No problem DeeAnn...I just happened to be sitting here at the computer working on the website (and eBay surfing) and noted the new messages. I'm hoping that it is just a real temporary shutdown, i.e. that it is over in a few hours but just don't know.

Hope ya like the website.....Bill

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I read about it. The entire site had security holes that needed to be fixed. Hope it gets done soon, it's a great site.

jfcutter

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know, the Historic Bottle Website is - with most all of the Bureau of Land Management websites - still not functional due to "unanticipated maintenance."

Translation: There is currently a wave of internet security paranoia going around the Department of Interior and all websites (or the servers?) are being checked to make sure they are "secure." Secure from what I don't know...I'm too low in the pecking order to be privy to that kind of information.

Hopefully the website will be up and functional again soon, but I have no idea of the timeframes.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado