Never say never

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ajohn

Reaction score
The two nevers of my life;Going to a funeral,or getting married have been negated in my life this past month.Sitting at that funeral I kept thinking to myself "What a waste."At the gathering afterwards a lot of conversation was on the fact that I was dating again.People were happy for me,said I looked happy.I came away from that experience puzzled,because I thought I was doing OK.Sure,the last couple of years I've been on the ropes,but that's just life.I do not take it personal.I just get up and dig in a little deeper.
I guess around death,people just naturally reflect more on life.Say and do things cause the moment shows that time runs out.A couple of men pulled me aside and took a chance at telling me the truth;That I looked like a man just going through the motions waiting for death.I knew they were right cause it made me mad.All of a sudden my fox hole looked like a grave.Holy poop,talk about a"how the h*ll did that happen"moment!I went home,droped to my knees and asked my Creator for forgivness for knowing about happiness but never really believing I deserved it.
It amazes me when I witness other people brake the chains that bind them.I always feel like cheering for them.
Now I know it's OK to cheer for my life.
On 07/08/09 at 10:45 A.M.I married my beautiful wife Robin and made a choice to persue happiness.
So the truth is,that by letting go of my old idea about death,It left room for a new idea about living.
Anthony

glass man

Reaction score
WOW ANTHONY SO GLAD FOR YOU MY BROTHER! THAT IS JUST THE WAY I WAS TILL I MET MY NINA! I WISH AND PRAY ALL THE HAPPINESS GOD HAS TO GIVE TO YOU! YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL TO ME! PLEASE PRAY FOR ME AS BOTH MY PARENTS DIED IN JULY AFTER A LONG ILLNESS. HARD TO BELIEVE MOM ONLY DIED LAST YEAR! I GOTTA GET UP AND LIVE AGAIN ! DAMN I GOT IT ALL! A WONDERFUL PERSON WHO LOVES ME,KIDS THAT LOVES ME.LOTA PEOPLE THAT LOVE ME! A ROOF OVER MY HEAD AND FOOD TO EAT! PLUS A LOVING FATHER THAT HAS GIVEN ALL THIS TO ME! GOD BLESS YOU MY FRIEND!!!![&:] AND PRAISE GOD!!! JAMIE

sweetrelease

Reaction score
congrats!!!! good luck with your "new" life[;)]. i learned a while back that i was also not letting myself be happy. some very smart people asked me one day , " matt what the hell are you doing?" to make along story short i began to really think about things and it all became clear to me. you have one life "LIVE IT". GOOD LUCK JOHN~matt

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I'm not sure any man is really prepared to get married until he is at least 40.
If you are under 40 you probably wont understand that statement[;)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Congrats on the married life.I have been married 21 years and look how sane I ended up being. [8D]
Live every day like it were your last,and don't try to be someone your not.Thats my Motto.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Congratulations AJohn!! It's so nice to see such a nice person happy!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Excellent, AJ!!! [:)][:)] I am very happy for you!!!

capsoda

Reaction score
Congrats my friend. I can only hope that you are as happy in your marrage as I have been in mine.

Always remember, if a good marrage has to be worked for you are in the wrong business. Being with your spose should be as natural as being with your best buddy AND she should be your best buddy. Also no one has a right to be happy. You either are happy or you are not.

I wish you many days and many nights with your woman. Treat her well and she will keep you warm at night.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis