Early Glass Collector website

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

annie44

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of experience with early black glass, and was wondering what those of you who do think about this web site.

http://www.earlyglass.com/default.asp

Prices seem high to me, but of course they have a lot of bottles one might not find anywhere else. Just curious if anyone has purchased from this site before.

I have been aware of the website for awhile, but took more of a look at it today, after receiving my Van Den Bossche book in the mail yesterday. Really happy with my new reference books - I also picked up a copy of American Bottles in the Charles B. Gardiner collection at Shuppes Grove last weekend.

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hi Cindy,

Mark who owns the site is a stand up guy and very knowledgeable about 18th century English and European produced bottles. Are you thinking about getting some blackglass for your collection?

Chris

annie44

Reaction score
Not sure, Chris, but after spending some time looking through the Van den Bossche book last night, I wouldn't mind having a few examples - I'm looking at a few that have really nice irridescence, and a couple of the early phials/vials......glad to know that the owner of the site is respected by you, Chris - that goes a long way in my book.

potstone

Reaction score
Hi,
I have visited the Early Glass web site many times and there is
alot of very nice early glass for sale. I have also emailed Mark with
photos of early bottles I have and he was able to help me
with thier history and approx. value. I also have become a member
of the Bottle Digging UK forum where Mark of Early Glass
is a member in high standing. He from what I see has alot of
respect from collectors threw out Europe. Greg

annie44

Reaction score
Thanks, Greg! Looking forward to seeing more pictures from your collection!

earlyglass

Reaction score
Cindy,

From one "Early Glass" to another, I have had some interaction with Mark as well. He is knowledgable, and very helpful. As with many other websites, his prices may be seem strong, but I am sure that everything is negotiable.

Keep in mind... not all of the 18th century glass that you see floating around out there is necessarily Continental. I have seen many shards from New England and Midlantic glasshouses that have really opened my eyes to some of the so-called foreign glass!

Mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora