Looking for some advice

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Rxtech2009

Reaction score
Ok, so here's the scoop- I'm new to the forum because I'm looking to get rid of my little collection. I only recently started it, but I've put too much money into it already and I'm hoping to sell these bottles and get most of it back. I've got 20+ medicine bottles ranging from a Red Cross toothache Outfit to a Chest & Lung Mixture from C. Dutton & Son, but I'm clueless as to finding an approximate value on these bottles.

Does anyone have any good resources that might help me specifically with medicine bottles or give me an idea as to where I can get an idea of their value.

Much thanks in advance!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
If you want to send me a list I will do my best to give you an estimate of values. Photos would help a lot.
You can also post on my forum here... http://antiquemedicines.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4
I am hesitant to post values in this forum because many members dont like to discuss prices and i try to be respectful of those wishes.

Rxtech2009

Reaction score
I would Greatly appreciate that and I can easily do a list of what I have and then I can always do pictures later. As for approximate value I'm ok with a private message.

I was actually trying to do some research on the bottles myself, but was unable to find a lot of info. As you will see I'm uneducated in the way of bottles [:(]

cc6pack

Reaction score
Brandi

I looked at your post on the the other board, and it looks like most of your stuff is from the first and second quarter of the 20th century. Below are two sites that may help. These sites deal mainly with bottles older than yours but may give you an idea of how to price yours. Good luck with selling them

http://www.antiquebottles.com/common.html

http://www.sha.org/bottle/index.htm

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Hi Brandy - are you a pharmacy tech? My daughter just got certified at CVS. When asked what her job is, she says certified drug supplier.

Rxtech2009

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: pyshodoodle

Hi Brandy - are you a pharmacy tech? My daughter just got certified at CVS. When asked what her job is, she says certified drug supplier.

I am indeed a Nationall Certified Pharmacy Tech [;)] I started with Happy Harry's which is now Walgreen's and yes I say I'm a legal drug dealer ^.^ That's the main reason I started to get into collecting medicine bottles, but I'm looking mainly for the labels not the bottles like everyone else......My pharmacy manager likes the little collection I've started and everything I have gotten was from here in Maryland or Delaware. Actually most of it was from Delaware on my last antique excursion ^.^

Rxtech2009

Reaction score
Thanks cc6 ^.^
I know they're not entirely ancient, but that's probably some of the appeal of them. I started looking for only specific bottles, but my fiance ended up finding so many different bottles that I completely missed that I decided to pick up anything that intrigued me.

I found it funny that I had a large bottle of Sloan's Liniment in the box with the liquid still in it and got it for a decent price $8-$10 and I saw another smaller bottle with the label not in that great if shape for $12-$15 and I was just shocked.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp