Cleaning a Sick Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
ok gang this was a blowout, and it seems to have cooled down.. by no means should anyone be messing with hydroflouric acid! unless you have proper gear, that stuff will burn your skin right off, for rust and light contents stain ill use toilet bowl cleaner, it will leave a haze, for bad sickness tumbling is a must! suzanne if you can clean sickness without tumbling more power to ya! I USED TO WORK IN A METAL SHOP 10 YRS, ANYONE WHO DECIDES TO USE ACID OF ANYKIND MUST WEAR SAFTEY GLASSES OR GOGGLES, LONG ACID GLOVES, AND A MASK, PREFERABLY CHARCOL FILTERED, HYDROFLOURIC ACID IS NOTHING TO PLAY WITH, I SAY GIVE THE TUMBLER PEOPLE A CALL ........ MIKE

suzanne

Reaction score
Yeah, accident prone people should not use hydrofluoric acid or anything else to clean bottles.
They should send them elsewhere.
I use diluted form and follow directions on bottle. Have never had a problem. NEVER USE ON
OUTSIDE OF BOTTLE. Its used industrially to etch glass and will make scratches, gouges, and
stuff worse and make bottle look frosty. Toilet cleaner makes bottle dull if you soak it too long and doesn't get rid of sickness
anyway, so use on toilets only.

madman

Reaction score
ok i can see why the arguments started.... how should i clean my bottles???? suzanne

suzanne

Reaction score
I decided to post a few tips on the last page of my thread. Even the most accident prone person in the world
can get real
results using suggestions on the last post in particular, which is at the very bottom page 24, unless they accidentally trip and fall down with the
bottle on their way to display cabinet. (Sounds like something Dana would do. My kids are used to seeing
bottles around the house and take them for granted. I will never forget when Charlie sent me a bottle to be
cleaned, watching in horror as within a few seconds time they ripped open the box, unceremoniously turned it upside down, and bottle fell out and hit the table with a bang. I consider it a miracle from God that the bottle survived
this indignity)

Anyway, I don't actually know how you should clean your bottles, but when I develop phychic abilities I will be
able to look through time and space so I can see how they are and decide the best course of action. (Just kidding!)
Until then, check out the last post on my thread, it's on the bottom of page 24. Maybe some of your bottles have the type of
problem that can be fixed using suggestions there.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi