Help me with a date?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi ya'll. Would one of you fine people answer a couple of questions for me? What was the time frame California Fig Syrup Co. bottles were made? Mine says California Fig Syrup Co. Califig Sterling Products (Inc) Successor. Also, what makes them worthless (so to speak) Was it the amount manufactured? Thanks, Kelley

Pontiled

Reaction score
Kelley, they were made in very large numbers over many years. They also don't represent a highly collectible field. Take another one, for example, but still it IS a collectible field; Hall's Catarrh Cure. It's very common, it's made in aqua glass, and, like yours, it's found all over the place. The difference? It says "Cure," making it into the Cure Collector's list of another example for their category.

I don't have my books in front of me, saying when they started and stopped making your bottle, but someone else will come along.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I figured it to be early ranch era because the side seams go to the top. Really the only reason I was curious about it was because I found it right in the middle of an I.W. battleground that took place in Nov. 1874. Thought it might have fallen out of one of the soldiers packs, but I think it's too new for that.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu