double strength sugar beverage

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
evening everyone
hope someone can help me with any info on this bottle. i got it from the fleamarket. it's not in the best shape but for .50 cent can't go wrong. here goes, it's approx 8in tall and shaped like 2 barrels stacked. the name is in 3 rows. 1st DOUBLE STRENGTH 2nd SUGAR 3rd BEVERAGE. on the bottom contents 7 fl oz.
thanks, john

Bz78470.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78470.jpg
    Bz78470.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 134

whiskeyman

Reaction score
BUBBA...
I have seen a few of these...little is known...they generally sell for under $10.00...I imagine they are circa 1920-30's era.

I ordered the Deco Soda book...(can't have too many books), it should be here in a few days...Maybe it has some additional info.

flasherr

Reaction score
Please let me know what you think of the deco book. I hate buying books blindly. Sometimes you can be disappointed
Brian

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Got the Deco Soda bottle book today and am giving it a "thumbs up"...Pics could have been clearer and his ratings of scarcity vs values seem vague to me, but overall it is an informative and well done book. It has a bit over 100 pages, and lists 428 soda bottles. with numerous pics of 279 bottles...and an additional 16 bottles are pictured as part of a history of soda bottle forms/types. The author states this is not a complete list of known deco sodas , as more turn up nearly every week....thanks in part to Ebay...heh.

BUBBA...it values the Double Strength at $10, (scarce)...the Braser at $10,
( scarce),,,,and notes the Double Strength is similar to a green Brandywine and a light green Mar-Vel....same bottle but with different embossing/color.

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
I like that bottle ill give you 60 cents and you pay shipping[sm=lol.gif]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi