Small green odd shape bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

seeker2

Reaction score
Hi, is there anyone who can tell me about this bottle? I bought it amongst 1000 others at an auction.
Body of bottle lies flat then curves up near the neck. Very confused. Thanks!

having issues downloading pic.

Attachments

• 9014542DFEC145689192CB9AB6B166C0.jpg
    9014542DFEC145689192CB9AB6B166C0.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 88

seeker2

Reaction score
Being a new collector and not sure of abbreviations - what does PITA, WTF mean? Thanks

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Caroll! To me, this bottle resemble an English nursing bottle in shape, but the color and type of opening it has makes me wonder... here is a "baby nurser":

insidethreadnurser.jpg

seeker2

Reaction score
Hi Charles, thanks for that! I thought of that but as you say, colour and size etc unusual. do hope someone can shed some light on this. Do you think it could be a sample nursing bottle?

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Good call, Woody! That makes sense... Say, Carol, what else came in that lot of 1,000 bottles??

seeker2

Reaction score
Thanks Woody and Charles. Appreciate feedback. We have another of these bottles in plain glass - not coloured so perhaps you guys are right. Have searched the web, books and never seen a similar bottle.

Bottles were collected over many years mainly around Kaipara Harbour (NZ) by an elderly lady who has now passed - there are so many that we haven't unpacked them all yet. Range from poison bottles, hot water bottle (flat), beer bottles, pots, medicine bottles, liquour bottles, codd, torpedo shapes, USA bottles, English bottles. We are unpacking, washing and then photographing them. Hence 5 boxes still to be opened. Will try post pictures of bottles as they were when we went to pick them up.

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky