Rare wall find??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bbpropfan

Reaction score
Hey all, it has been years since I was last here. I have a friend who brought me this Champange Bottle?? That they found in the wall of a house. There are actually 8 of these bottles, all found in the wall, all have the same type of label. It looks like it has an applied top. The base shows an indentation. There are many bubbles throughout the bottle. Any idea of the age? The house the bottles were found in is over 200 years old. No telling how long they were there though. Any info would be greatly appreciated. They were found in the Mount Washington Valley area of New Hampshire. [/align]
tbbDSCN5657.jpg
[/align]
tbbDSCN5667.jpg
[/align]
tbbDSCN5665.jpg
[/align]
tbbDSCN5664.jpg
[/align]
tbbDSCN5663.jpg
[/align]
tbbDSCN5662.jpg
[/align]
tbbDSCN5661.jpg
[/align]
tbbDSCN5660.jpg
[/align]
tbbDSCN5659.jpg
[/align]
tbbDSCN5658.jpg
[/align] [/align]
tbbDSCN5666.jpg

Anu info or value guess? Thanks in advance.

RedGinger

Reaction score
I can't help you, but someone will be able to. Anything you find in a wall is pretty cool to me. Thanks for the interesting post. Even if it's not worth much or very old, it is still a cool display piece imo.

bottlebuddy

Reaction score
Hi bbpropfan & welcome back to the forum, what I can tell you about your bottle is first of all it is a wine bottle made around the mid to late 1880's, it is a blown in mold bottle with an applied top. The base of the bottle is known as a push-up or kick-up base, this was done to the bottles {particularly wine bottles} for packaging, with the bottom of the bottles "pushed-up" or "kicked-up" the top of the other bottles would nesstle in the kick-up, therefor preventing the bottles from moveing around and getting broken during shipment. This technology is still used today. I would guess your bottle to be in the $15-25 range, mainly because of the fine condition of the lable. Hope this info helps, nice find! and thanx for sharing.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Nice info, Lee!! I am very fond of light-colored bottles in this style.. especially when they're in such super condition.. very nice..!!

glass man

Reaction score
BB: VERY COLORFUL LABEL AND MOST OF ANY VALUE IS IN THAT. CAN STILL FIND WINE BOTTLES THAT LOOK LIKE THAT. THE BUBBLES HELP GIVE AWAY THE AGE PLUS THE LIP. IS THAT A FLAT CHIP ON THE LIP? GREAT PICTURE TAKING BY THE WAY!![&:] JAMIE

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello bbpropfan,

It's actually a Cognac, or brandy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine_Champagne Does it have the brand name or vintner's name on the label?

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Hi and welcome back to the forum. Cool find... I love stuff with labels. Can't give much info, but did want to say I spent many summers as a kid climbing Mt Washington and the surrounding area. Used to stay at Dolly Copp Campground. I miss it up there, except for the black flies.

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Nice bottle! You probally wont believe this, but I dug this one over at the "Maplewood" 1800's resort dump in Bethlaham, NH several weeks ago (The Mt Washington hotel is right up the road) bet they are the same type bottle,I suspected it was french... mine is quite crude with a shear top string type lip no seams and isn't very round, Makes a good window bottle! Thanks for sharing Taz

932C7892F79042879AD628432543C655.jpg

Attachments

• 932C7892F79042879AD628432543C655.jpg
    932C7892F79042879AD628432543C655.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 53

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu