Real or fake? Sunburst flask in bright apple green

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wilkie

Reaction score
9 bids on it so far. Looks nice, but I don't know anything about historical flasks.

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
I'd say fake. Looks like a cup mold base and I think these were hinge mold. Also there looks to be absolutely no base wear. Very pretty though.

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Yep. I was curious to see what the seller would say if I asked and he said it was a Spanish reproduction. The ad is pretty misleading with it's "appears to be" statement. He didn't put the question and answer in the ad either.

amblypygi

Reaction score
Yeah, that is a pretty slimy description for that auction. Anybody who's bidding on that should know better though, so they might learn the hard way.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Just to clarify, this one was real, right? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260459937891&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT
I don't know anything about these, but when you compare the 2, the one I just linked to looks 'right' and the other one looks 'wrong'.
Thanks!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Okay, I am going to take a wild guess without lookig at the responses. I am a Sagittarius, so I am honest.
I will say fake, because, it just looks too perfect. It could be attic condition, which would explain the lack of wear (casewear?), and it being so mint, but it's just a hunch. Looks sort of '70's to me.
I'll either be laughing at myself, or thinking I still have a lot to learn when I get to the bottom of this thread.[:D]

RedGinger

Reaction score
Aha! Maybe I am correct. Nice example Kate. I see what you mean about the second one. Has a different feeling to it as well like you said.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown