Pictures of old grist mill

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Wolff, my digging pal had me and RedGinger up last spring for a dig,....we were able to dig a couple of pontiled meds....I used to love digging up that way,..Lot's of pontential for great Lockport glass, and lots of good age....Did you have good luck digging there (Lockport?) I also remember a guy that had a "honor" system antique bottle table set up on the Millersport Highway,...he always had a lot of Batavia bottles. some pretty decent. Put your money in the box,...take your bottle. Gotta love it.[:)] My buddy on the canal had a phone co. "ditchwitch" go across the front of his lawn...it kicked out three Oak Orchard Acid Springs bottles.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
KATE...fantastic pictures !! [:)]
I enjoy messing around old mills myself. I have some on my site as well as a page of millstones...all in my locality. You'd be surprised at the uses a millstone has been put to: graveyard "monuments", for one.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: whiskeyman

KATE...fantastic pictures !! [:)]
I enjoy messing around old mills myself. I have some on my site as well as a page of millstones...all in my locality. You'd be surprised at the uses a millstone has been put to: graveyard "monuments", for one.
Thanks, whiskeyman... I tend to take a lot of pictures of cemeteries, too... I've never seen a millstone in one around here!
I refuse to tell my dad that. He may decide that's a good idea. [8|]
I just looked at your website and will have to take some more time to look at that. Very interesting! Thanks!
Actually - I see there's an ironworks link on there, too, so I'm going to send your website to my dad to look at. Hope he doesn't notice the gravestones.

Joe - not to worry - I know how one comment leads to another thought and things go off topic. I'm a chronic offender and I'll apologize here to everybody I've done that to. [&:]

Stardust

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the other mill. I love the painting and the view from above.

Stardust

Reaction score
This is a beautiful mill in MA and across the road a bit is an Old Wayside Inn and the Martha Mary Chapel. They have been used in several movies. The waiting list to get married there is years. They go from the Chapel to the mill for pics by horse and carriage. The inn is so old there is no dancing allowed there.These pics don't do it justice. It's a must see if you come up this way.

http://www.freefoto.com/preview/1212-11-3?ffid=1212-11-3
Picture of Longfellow Wayside Inn Grist Mill, Sudbury, Massachusetts, USA - Free Pictures - FreeFoto.com

History, Art and Literature | Wayside Inn

http://www.wayside.org/history

[/align]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
FB7A5AB630E14198A296A430D7B24DB2.jpg

..I love this thread..

wolffbp

Reaction score
Just found a new photo of the Royalton Mill. Had to post this for Joe.

B3E71153F1604158A4D6AC87F2DE034F.jpg

Attachments

• B3E71153F1604158A4D6AC87F2DE034F.jpg
    B3E71153F1604158A4D6AC87F2DE034F.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 74

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi