advise needed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

judu

Reaction score
ok, i have been digging up alot of bottles this summer from the old dump i found...all i have to do is take my shovel and a bucket and gloves and go dig....i have never had the chance to dig anywhere else...i have come across an opportunity to go explore a house that is from the early to mid 1800s...its on about 5 or 6 acres and was once a stagecoach house...not even sure what that really means..anyway, im pretty excited. i dont have a probe. ive never had one and dont really know how to use them....i feel i should def. have one to take with me though. i have no idea how to get one...i have paid pretty close attention to what everyone says..look for low lying areas, but without a map, what would be the best bet for findind a pit?...im pretty sure i will search every square inch i can, but any advise would be nice

judu

Reaction score
thanks tim, ill see what i can do about finding a probe. ill try that first, around 50 feet or so and see what that turn up. i havnt seen the place yet so im not sure what im dealing with ......hope to go thurdsay.

capsoda

Reaction score
Not to far for cold winter nights and not to close for hot summer days. Look for depressions and greener than normal grass, weeds or brush and a two hundred year old oak. Around here they put them near big oaks for the shade.

pault

Reaction score
I was recently diving in the niagara river and found a clear glass ,wide mouth bottle 2.5 inches in diameter and 5 inches in height. It appears to be a non screw on lid.on the bottom in an off centered circle of some what pocked glass are the numbers 10-48.
Beneath them are the numbers 6 and 33 seperated by an anchor with an H embossed over it. anyone have any idea what it may be?

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Get in the attic if you can also...feel around in the side walls/Eaves look for a source of light like a window also and feel in the walls near that...If you can get under the house if it has a crawlspace...Goodluck

glass man

Reaction score
not even sure what that really means..
JUST A GUESS,BUT I WOULD THINK A STAGE COACH HOUSE WOULD BE WHERE THE PEOPLE ON THE STAGE COACH GOT MEALS AND THE DRIVER GOT FRESH HORSES. MAYBE STAY OVER NIGHT. THEN AGAIN I MAY HAVE WATCHED WAY TO MANY WESTERNS!JAMIE

coboltmoon

Reaction score
pault

the numbers 6 and 33 separated by an anchor with an H embossed over it

Sounds like you have an Anchor Hocking canning jar which is from 1927 or newer.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky