Cecil Munsey Website

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
Again - googling for research I came across this...I read the articles on amber 7-up bottles (if you collect soda's - especially the 7-up's/Howdy's - you should read these) #107-108-109... and also the one about the History of Bottle Collecting #111...

--->>> One article talks about lead paint being used on the ACL bottles from 1936 till the ban in 1978...

--->>> One article said that the first patent for a poison bottle was made with bands to be used on the spikes extending from the bottle? I gotta look that patent up...

--->>> One article talks about the 1st President of the US to collect bottles - his collection is currently kept for the public's viewing pleasure - how cool is that - Do you know who it is? Read article #116

--->>> This Cecil Munsey guy is awesome...his research coupled with old ads, pics, and other info he has found is incredible!

--->>> There's an article about 100 fascinating facts for bottle collectors...

--->>> His thought on a beer bottle that he thinks will be "it" in years to come...

--->>> YOU NEED TO CHECK THIS OUT !!! There are 161 articles (that have been published)...and so much more on this site...

I gotta get back now - there's a lot more on here - these are really informative and just plain enlightening! I hope you all enjoy this as much as me!

I'D LOVE TO KNOW WHICH ONE YOU LIKE THE BEST!!!!

http://cecilmunsey.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=18&Itemid=34&mosmsg=You+are+trying+to+access+from+a+non-authorized+domain.+%28www.google.com%29

cc6pack

Reaction score
RE: You're gonna love this one!

Tinna

Neat site, I liked the Carter's Little Liver Pills one with the train robber[:D]. I've got some 1880's Carters's stuff.

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
RE: You're gonna love this one!

Dennis,

I hadn't read that one till you pointed it out...that was cute...and it add's a historical story to go with the bottle...I like that! I've read quite of few of the articles - both published and non published - not all by any means...but I will! I'm glad you liked it!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac