jumbo peanutbutter

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
I had to sell all the extras and some that weren't extras back in 2000- 01so I could eat.

Never could get my hands on any lids for them.

lepew62

Reaction score
I found a 7 oz Jumbo peanut butter jar today. I did look around ebay a bit and seen a few for sale. I did see a green glass elephant shaped Jumbo jar go for around 300.00 I think. I believe the 7 oz I have is worth 20ish dollars. It is stamped pat June 24 1930. Will let you know if I find more.

foxfirerodandgun

Reaction score
I was going through & cleaning a few bottles & jars that my late brother in law had dug and came across a 7 oz. Jumbo Peanut Butter jar w/o a lid. Everything is embossed without a place for a paper label. I have rad through this entire thread but really can't place a production period for when this jar was manufactured.

One the front is Jumbo, elephant head, brand, peanut butter, & 7 oz. net. On the back is Packed by Frank Tea & Spice Co., Cincinnati, Ohio. on the bottom is a 6, what appears to be the top of a partial 5, and a 5. Any ideas as to what time period this jar fits into? Many thanks.

lwjars

Reaction score
Reproductions were made of the 7 ounce jars. The lids for a legit. 7 ounce jar will not fit the reproduction.

Nickneff

Reaction score
i just found this jar this morning.its a jumbo peanutbutter jar with an elephant on it. i have not found many jars so far worth keeping, this one was nice to find. on the bottom it says " its good for the kiddies"....right after i dug this my shovel snapped in half so i had to come home..me and that shovel have bonded over the summer and i was sad to see him go........anyone know if this is a pretty common jar. my wife took it from me and has it in her kitchen already......

236F9423BB344212B8CFA95A3CFC095D.jpg
I am quite familiar with jumbo brand peanut butter jars they are great looking jars and they're sought after 2 they're not rare they are common but they're still really nice jars to look at the best ones are the super small one and the super big one these are the most valuable

LC

Reaction score
Jumbos are common as already stated . I collected them years ago . If I remember right there are like twelve different slogans on the bottoms of the one pound jars . These usually sell for around eight to ten bucks in my area , but some of the other Jumbos will bring some fairly good prices .

hemihampton

Reaction score
I am quite familiar with jumbo brand peanut butter jars they are great looking jars and they're sought after 2 they're not rare they are common but they're still really nice jars to look at the best ones are the super small one and the super big one these are the most valuable

I would say the Green one shaped like a Elephant is Rare & Most Valuable, these can get a few hundred $$$. LEON.
JumboElephantGreen.jpg

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
I would say the Green one shaped like a Elephant is Rare & Most Valuable, these can get a few hundred $$$. LEON.

While the Jumbo banks bring the highest $$ - they come in green and clear - beware there are reproductions of the green one!! The repros are a dime a dozen. Look for the detailed texture on the elephant's blanket to be sure you have the real thing!!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Didn't know they made Green Reproductions, Good to know. Would be nice to see the 2 side by side, the Original & Repro to see the Differences. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi