jumbo peanutbutter

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

judu

Reaction score
i just found this jar this morning.its a jumbo peanutbutter jar with an elephant on it. i have not found many jars so far worth keeping, this one was nice to find. on the bottom it says " its good for the kiddies"....right after i dug this my shovel snapped in half so i had to come home..me and that shovel have bonded over the summer and i was sad to see him go........anyone know if this is a pretty common jar. my wife took it from me and has it in her kitchen already......

236F9423BB344212B8CFA95A3CFC095D.jpg

Attachments

• 236F9423BB344212B8CFA95A3CFC095D.jpg
    236F9423BB344212B8CFA95A3CFC095D.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 384

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: judu
my wife took it from me and has it in her kitchen already......
You do understand this is usually a good sign, right!
I don't know what they're worth, but there'll be a bunch of others on here that will.

mr.fred

Reaction score
Off hand i don't know what it's worth-----i have seen them on E-Bay----$10.00 or so-----they came in many styles-------some are worth a few$$$$$$[;)]-keep posting pictures as you find them------I think Marvin? is the person who knows more on them than me------Get yourself a Red Book[8D]---------Fred.

LC

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: judu

i just found this jar this morning.its a jumbo peanutbutter jar with an elephant on it. i have not found many jars so far worth keeping, this one was nice to find. on the bottom it says " its good for the kiddies"....right after i dug this my shovel snapped in half so i had to come home..me and that shovel have bonded over the summer and i was sad to see him go........anyone know if this is a pretty common jar. my wife took it from me and has it in her kitchen already......

Hello Judu , your jar is pretty common , but I have always liked the Jumbos , they are from Cincinnati , and I have always been attracted to them . I had a good many of them for some time till I decided to get rid of most of them . There are a dozen or so different slogans on the bottoms of the one pound jars , can not think of all of them off hand . There are a good many shapes and sizes of them , and some of them are worth a good bit of money . Those lids are sure hard to come by though ! . My Misses has a couple of them in the kitchen as well .

madman

Reaction score
HEY DAN. VERY NICE, JUMBOS ARE COMMON, BUT WILL ALWAYS BE DESIRABLE, YOURS LOOKS TO BE AN EARLIER VERSION ,DOES IT HAVE A PLACE ON THE BACK FOR A LABLE? OR IS IT SOLID STRIPES?, I ALWAYS KEEP EM, AND WHEN THE WIFE STARTS LIKING YOUR FINDS THATS EVEN BETTER! MIKE

LC

Reaction score
I believe the one pound jars with the slogans on the bottom are from the fifties and possibly the forties , I am just guessing though . I am pretty sure the ones from the sixties did not have the slogans on the bottoms .

capsoda

Reaction score
They are from the very late 20s thru 30s and are worth about $10 in that size. They come with 11 different sayings if I remember correctly and there is an Ice blue one that is super rare. Jumbo Peanut Butter came in sizes from 2ozs to a couple of pounds and a lot of different shapes. There are very collectible and where you find one there are usually others.

madman

Reaction score
IN THE EARLY 40S THEY SWITCHED OVER TO PAPER LABELS, THE EMBOSSED BOTTOMS R FROM THE LATE 20S 40S THE 40S VERSION HAS A PLACE FOR A LABLE ON THE BACK, THE EARLY VERSIONS ALSO HAD A LABLE WRAPPED AROUND THE EMBOSSMENT,50S JARS WERE TOTALY DIFFERENT

LC

Reaction score
UHHMM , didn't think the dump I dug mine out of was no earlier than the forties , guess I was wrong !

madman

Reaction score
LC IVE DUG JUMBOS FROM THE EARLY 40S WITH THE EMBOSSED BOTTOMS BUT HAVE A PLACE FOR A LABLE ON THE BACK AND NOT MUCH AFTER 1942 THEY SWITCHED TO PAPER LABLE PLAIN JARS

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger