Superior cathedral pickle with label

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
This is more info than questions but I love to share info and learn.... I recently bought a Geo. R. Emerson pickle jar from West Somerville. I purchased this for my better half Wendy, because of the cute phallus like shape! The bottle was like 15 bucks... I though it might be english but I fiquered what the heck it's kinda cool and we don't have one of them! Make a long story short while out at the "junk" shop New Years day I came upon this labeled cathedral pickle.. $10.00 I scoffed it! When arriving home I put my new purchase on the table and there sat the somerville pickle from the other week, I said hmmm that stone lighthouse looks familiar... I got out the magnifying and looked at that orange and yellow label... WoW... in the fine print it read Geo. Emerson West Somerville, Mass. I believe it is safe to " assume" that the cylindrical embossed bottle is also a superior... I have not found any info on either of these bottles anywhere including Ketchup, pickles, Sauces by Betty Zumwalt The height on the cathedral is 7" height on the round is 5 1/4" Here is my question! :) which on is older?? P:S That stone silo the trade mark for Superior pickle is actually printed on that old paper label as "The old powder house" Respectively submitted, Taz

Xv63384.jpg

Attachments

• Xv63384.jpg
    Xv63384.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 101

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18