Fake Label?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Miles

Reaction score
I've never heard of such a thing on a Dr. Porter's before- Opinions?
http://cgi.ebay.com/L6781-AQ-DR-PORTERS-MADAME-ZAKOC-MEDICINE-BOTTLE-PONTIL_W0QQitemZ120468936394QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0c8216ca&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Wilkie

Reaction score
Well, the Dr. Porters part is real, it is embossed on the bottle. To "me" the label looks real but I notice it is a pontilled bottle and I don't know if the label would look that good on a bottle that old. I'm curious about this bottle as well.

coboltmoon

Reaction score

I have never seen one but the label looks very right to me. Looks like the right type of paper, the toning and tiny holes and wear look right. The label is unglued in spots and the seller did not reglue, that is a good sign. There is even some old contents dried in the bottle.

capsoda

Reaction score
It is a good looking label and good labels older than that have been found, not often but they are around. What bothers me is that in all the roach eaten labels I have seen the roaches weren't so selective in their eating habits as to eat around the writing on the whole label. It could be because something was on parts of the label that roaches don't like if that is possible. Other than that it looks good. I would defiantly want a no questions asked money back on it for inspection purposes.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Looks legit to me.. I love the price: "two dimes" [:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis