Locke's Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey Jug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Interesting family history. I enjoy stuff like that. Let us know what you hear about the jug.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Apparently I take after my dad's side of the family, as I still live here.... and my brother takes after my mom's side, as he has moved to Seattle, where he spent over 10 years, to Albany, which he hated, to Portland Maine, which he loved, to Portland Oregon this past summer.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
I received an email today that the person that normally handles my inquiries is out until next week, but will reply in due course... stay tuned. Of course, if anyone has any input, please post it.... on the bottle or freckles or whatever.[;)]

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
OK - I heard back from them, and, believe it or not, they are not sure on age, but approximate age they gave was late 1940s.

They offered 80 Euros plus shipping.
80 Euros = $120.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty decent offer to me. Dunno if it is rare or anything but I would expect them to try lowballing a bit more than that. Not bad.

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: pyshodoodle

Handle

3F5C278606864D458422EF7FAC9C2586.jpg

Love the jug!! Im wondering if this text is meant to be similar to our post prohibition federal law prohibits saying on bottles. if this is true, then the museums time estimate would be true and the price very generous. thanks for posting!!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
The age they gave and the high offer is kind of what confused me. I guess cuz it still has the label? They didn't elaborate, so I don't really know. I'm surprised I was jsut looking at the pictures again and realized nobody mentioned anything in the background of some of the pics. A little surprised, actually. Must have all been looking at the boobies.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum