1852 flawless bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-MEDICINE-BOTTLES-1852-4-BOTTLES-FLAWLESS_W0QQitemZ130333202373QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e5876d7c5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

you think the buyer is going to be thrilled when they find out what these really are?

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Now that to me is stealing. If someone informs that seller his bottles are not pre-1900, he should pull the listing or contact each bidder and tell them he made a mistake in the category he listed them in. I know people should do their research and know what their buying, BUT, the bottles are listed in the wrong category to start with.

coboltmoon

Reaction score
the bottles are listed in the wrong category to start with.

Yea he should of put them in the bitters category. [:D][:D][:D]

As bottle collectors we know these classic Wheaton repros but I bet the buyer and the seller have know idea. How many times have you been asked by your nonbottle friends and family about a Wheaton bottle, non collectors just don’t know.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
The sad thing is, the buyer probably has some sort of price book and thinks he/she is gonna use the cable bill money to turn a profit when they resell the bottles.Looks like they`ll be listening to the radio for a while.[:eek:]

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I sent them a polite but "instructional" message concerning their bottles. Let's see where that goes. If they fail to either update the auction, or remove it entirely, then they will be reported to fleaBay as cheap con artists. Of course, they will do nothing about it, and "business as usual" will continue on the site.

Miles

Reaction score
Always sad to see this, probably a gift for someone too.

jays emporium

Reaction score
It is hard to judge size from the picture but my first impression is that they are the miniatures, which are worth even less. I am inclined to believe that since shipping is only $4.00. There are actually 4 bidders but only 2 over $10.00. That will be one to watch to see if the bidders figure out the fraud.

ktbi

Reaction score
I saw this a while ago and shook my head - now at $66 it's not funny! Seller states they are from 1852. Just totally wrong...Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky