Forney's Dairy Palmyra Pa pint milk

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

houseman

Reaction score
Is anyone out there familiar with this dairy? I was recently given this bottle. I don't know anything about it and Palmyra is way outside my collecting area. Is it worth keeping or is it destined for the recycling bin?

TJSJHART

Reaction score
i don't collect dairy botlles but,,,theres"s that WORD again.... just kiddin . someone might be interested in it. lol

pinkshovel

Reaction score
Forney's Dairy Palmyra Pa
I'm sure you tried the google thing as I just did. Nada, zip, except an obit for Forney in 1912. In my search I did come across this site. she collects PA milk bottles, and there is a link at the bottom to contact her. You could give that a try and see if she knows anything about it.
Oh..I'm a new member, but I learned EARLY on not to use that nasty 'R' word on this website. I got told about it..No Recycling of bottles!!! LOL I'll not make that mistake again.[:)] Anyhow, here is the address to get to that web site...

http://www.lhtot.com/~milkmaid/milkbottlelist.htm

Good luck!

houseman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. To be honest, I LOVE milk bottles so I'd never actually toss one in the recycling bin unless it was broken. I thought about putting it on ebay but I'm just so sick of ebay.
Anyway thanks for that link Pinkshovel. I'll check in with her and see what she knows. It may just end up in a box in my garage, but then there may always be some lonely collector out there wishing they could find a Forney's Pint while one is sitting in a dusty old box in my garage.

kastoo

Reaction score
They can't recycle that old glass anyway..they throw it out. They get mad when it's mixed with usable glass because they have to separate it. There are lots of things you can do with it. You can sell it at a bottle show, you can sell it at an antique store, you can post it on trades, you can bay it, you can give it to a museum, you can donate it to Goodwill.

coboltmoon

Reaction score
Is it round or square? Is it embossed or have a pyro label?

Can we see a pic?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky