My Glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ajohn

Reaction score
JustGlass,
First off,I like the way you collect!!I call it A.D.D. collecting.Get going in one direction,then poof,"wow that's cool..."then another direction.
Way cool stuff dude!
Looks like you got just about everything covered there,...Just about.[;)]

JustGlass

Reaction score
Im glad that you nice people enjoy the pics. I never thought that bottles would be part of my life. My son and I were fishing and stumbled on a bottle dump when we took a short cut from the river back to the car. We worked the dump for a month on and off and took about 1/4 of my collection from that one dump. I also picked up a good portion from my father in law who did excavating jobs with heavy equipment. Thats how my collecting started. It then expanded to garage sales and barn sales where I found that I could sometimes buy boxes of bottles for 5 bucks. The next looking places were any antique shops from Maine, New Hampshire, Mass., Ny and of course Vt. I then found myself looking for certain colors and kinds that could only be found on ebay. I did alot of buying and selling and tried as best to upgrade as I went along. As you can see a large amount of my collection are just common bottles that I didn't sink alot of money into but have a nice variety of colors. I still look for the eye catcher but I have to admit my bottle collecting has slowed down drasticly. Bottle shows have recently been my latest buying sprees. Thank God I only go to two a year. When I sarted to collect I meant a older man who told me that bottle collecting was a addicting hobby. I laughed and told him that I only wanted a couple and I can't imagine how anyone could get addicted to collecting old bottles. Wow was I wrong.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Great collection, thanks for sharing.

Plus, that is a cool story about how you got started! I just love reading this kind of info. In fact, I am going to start a new thread on this (even though it has been done). If you don't mind, I am going to use your story as the starting point. (If you do mind - I'll edit it out).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown