"Another CURTISS Product"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cpackjr

Reaction score
Found this in a dump near my favorite trout stream. Every time I fish here I get distracted by the bottles crunching under my feet and have to stop and scratch around some. It apparently was the dump for this railroad town. Everything I found with this small jar was dated to the 30's. I usually have good luck searching this forum or Google, but this one was different. I could only find a few counter candy jars with the same wording -- "Another CURTISS Product". The magazine ads point to Curtiss as a candy bar maker.
Does anyone recognize this 3 inch tall jar and know what was in it. I am mostly interested in the history of the bottles I find, which explains why I drag cracked and all home.
Thanks,
Charles

7D35FDE88A0F4F1DB07249934A6D00AB.jpg

Attachments

• 7D35FDE88A0F4F1DB07249934A6D00AB.jpg
    7D35FDE88A0F4F1DB07249934A6D00AB.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 239

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Charles,

I bet this is one of the
MVC-039F_002.JPG
counter jars that you saw with the same slogan. It's from this ebay auction.

I found a bit of Candy Bar History thanks to American Heritage.

I always liked Baby Ruths as a kid. They are the Official Candy Bar of MLB.

I could not find a definitive answer on your small jar. I did see a fleabay listing for one whose seller was calling it a mustard. I think not.

Because of the heavy usage of peanuts by Curtiss, I'm gonna guess it contained either loose peanuts, or peanut butter.

cpackjr

Reaction score
Thanks for replying Surfaceone, I have found almost nothing on this one. Usually after enough searching I can find somthing. Found a musterole milk white jar, a ton of D Cokes, SunCrest soda and others in same spot. Lots of Owens-Illionis stuff dating mid to late 30's.
thanks again
charles

lwjars

Reaction score
IMG_5071.jpg Curtiss made peanut butter too. This lid is a little bit too large for the mustard jar.

Bottlebutch

Reaction score
It's a DSC00088.jpgCURTISS embossed MUSTARD glass BOTTLE jar BABY RUTH cookies

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown