Lewis Hine Photographs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
http://contentdm.ad.umbc.edu/cgi-bin/getimage.exe?CISOROOT=/hinecoll&CISOPTR=646&DMSCALE=100.00000&DMWIDTH=600&DMHEIGHT=600&DMX=0&DMY=0&DMTEXT=&REC=3&DMTHUMB=1&DMROTATE=0

Perhaps someone who is technically savvy can help me bring these photos so that everyone can see them, rather than have to click the link. I usually can grab images from the web, but not this time. I've gone through about 1,000 images and have some dandies to show. Are they protected from image grabbers like moi? Please advise...

surfaceone

Reaction score
This is the page LINK.

I will be glad to link the images, if all else fails, but having the photos show here is far preferable IMO. What's a technical dummy to do?

T D

Reaction score
If you want to post each individual picture,

right click on image
click on "save picture as"
choose your favorite place on your computer to save it
post it here

kozmothewonderdog

Reaction score
Seems the way they have it set up the images can't be directly displayed external to that site, unless you were to save each one and then upload them individually (and they have some copyright verbiage on there, so best to just link to them to stay outta trouble).

This link leads to the whole set of pictures (35 total) on Glassworkers. A few interesting ones in there.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Thanks for the hint Tom. I'm a mac guy and, as such, have no right clicker. I can't seem to find the .jpg code. I can save the truncated image and load it on Photobucket and then bring it back here, I suppose. That seems less than an ideal method. Can you get the image from the LINK page to show here without an intermediate stop at photobucket?

Sorry to be such a Techno-Luddite...

kozmothewonderdog

Reaction score
You can actually set up your Mac to let you right-click like on a PC. Just go to System Preferences, then click Mouse. It defaults to only having a single click, but you can actually set up right-click, side-click, etc., etc.

As a lifelong PC guy who just got a new Mac, it took me awhile to discover that.

surfaceone

Reaction score
(and they have some copyright verbiage on there, so best to just link to them to stay outta trouble).

Hey Al,

Thanks for putting up that link to the 35. I'm not sure that that is all of them. I picked out about 30 from the 1,000 I looked at. If anyone wants to see others, just raise your hand. I can link the other pages, or try to figure another method.

Believe it, or not, I read that use verbiage, and being as "this is strictly for educational usage," I figured it would be cool. You do feel somewhat more edumicated after viewing those, don'tcha?

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
getimage.jpg

15 years old. making $1.25 a day blowing glass in Grafton West Virginia

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi