Nello corp. ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggermeister

Reaction score
This should be an interesting forum [8|]. I have a question for those of yu who may be into repro's;
Is this bottle a reproduction? Is Nello a repro company? This bottle is listed on eBay as 1920-1940. Looks too modern to me.

Qo40574.jpg

Attachments

• Qo40574.jpg
    Qo40574.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 159

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Looks modern to me too...Maybe Italian made...where are the seams?

I googled and all I found was the one on Ebay...

diggermeister

Reaction score
Well, it sure is Pretty! Nice color and one of the fanciest Violin bottles I've seen [8D]. I would love to have it myself but, $30+ is too much for somthing that does not quite fit into my collection...

whiskeyman

Reaction score
A friend of mine collects fiddles/violins/banjos and if I ain't mistaken he has this in several different colors...I recall him having similar ones with the thick base but can't recall if they had the tuning pegs.
I need to go see him anyways...been a while. Maybe I can add a little more info about this one afterwards.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
I believe the seller of the fiddle read the base wrong...
Found a Nello Gori in Italy that made wine and exported it to the US in fancy figural bottles back in the 60's....
Here's an example of a fish bottle he used...don't know if his company made this or they were made elsewhere...

http://cgi.tias.com/cgi-bin/sqlsearch.fcgi?store=%2Fstores%2Fjchac&resultPageTemplate=ResultPage.html&resultItemTemplate=ResultItem.txt&noResultPageTemplate=NoResultPage.html&case=no&primaryServer=www.tias.com&minPrice=0&max=15&matchAll=1&searchText=nello

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu