German Half post bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
RE: German Half post bottle? Need Update

Hey Matt,

Thanks for bringing this thread back. It sure did some neat meandering, and everyone brought their "A" Game. Is this the citation http://www.americanbottle.com/pic48/123.jpg to which you refer?

I think Jeff/kungfufighter can best address that. But I believe the answer is "no."

And now for something completely different... While looking around at old glass during the earlier discussion, I found this _tiny vial_ and was wondering about it. I don't see evidence of half posting, but I'm still trying to learn the finer points of the process. Might this little guy be of Spanish manufacture? A Spanish Half Nelson, to make up a term?

1969_Monty-Python2.jpg

saratogadriver

Reaction score

I received an email this morning, from American Bottle Auctions, citing a Digger Odell article about what I am pretty sure is the exact bottle from the OP. Digger apparently gave a fairly high appraisal of the bottle, but has now seen multiple similar bottles out and about, none with base wear and all with a suspiciously "new" feel. He even says he confered with Jim Hagenbush and they both have agreed that these are repros, rather good repros, but repros just the same. ABA sent it out as a "Bottle Alert!".

Here's the link to Digger's article:

http://www.bottlebooks.com/germanhalfpost/german_half_post.htm

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this was definitely new information.

Jim G

kungfufighter

Reaction score

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-299100/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#299143

More discussion here Jim.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score

I received an email warning that these bottles are reproductions. No credible base wear, too shiny and new looking. Stay clear of this junk!!!

Mike

div2roty

Reaction score

Probably would have been helpful if Jeff from American Bottle Auctions had read that article before selling it through his auction.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: div2roty

Probably would have been helpful if Jeff from American Bottle Auctions had read that article before selling it through his auction.
At that point in time, I don't believe that the problem with these bottles had been discovered.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp